The aim of this unit is for leaders to examine the complexity of leadership in a period of rapid and disruptive change, and to develop their self-understanding of personal leadership behaviours. The unit analyses the nexus between management and leadership in the workplace and how an evidenced-based knowledge of self can contribute to building leadership capacity. A 360 degree Feedback Leadership Profile contributes to the examination of personal leadership and provides a pathway for exploring leadership growth through an action research project undertaken in the workplace. The unit is relevant to leaders who are committed to supporting on-going learning for themselves, their professional colleagues and their organisations.
|Unit name||Leadership Starts From Within|
|College/School||College of Arts, Law and Education
Faculty of Education
|Coordinator||Doctor Lisa Ehrich|
|Delivered By||University of Tasmania|
This unit is currently unavailable.
Please check that your computer meets the minimum System Requirements if you are attending via Distance/Off-Campus.
Units are offered in attending mode unless otherwise indicated (that is attendance is required at the campus identified). A unit identified as offered by distance, that is there is no requirement for attendance, is identified with a nominal enrolment campus. A unit offered to both attending students and by distance from the same campus is identified as having both modes of study.
* The Final WW Date is the final date from which you can withdraw from the unit without academic penalty, however you will still incur a financial liability (refer to How do I withdraw from a unit? for more information).
Unit census dates currently displaying for 2023 are indicative and subject to change. Finalised census dates for 2023 will be available from the 1st October 2022. Note census date cutoff is 11.59pm AEST (AEDT during October to March).
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of adult learning principles
- Critically reflect on learning from the Leadership Starts from Within program and relevant literature
- Articulate a critically defensible personal leadership approach and how that will inform own practice
- Demonstrate the ability to plan, develop, implement, analyse and reflect upon a workplace leadership project
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate in written and oral forms in a scholarly and appropriate manner
|Field of Education||Commencing Student Contribution 1||Grandfathered Student Contribution 1||Approved Pathway Course Student Contribution 2||Domestic Full Fee|
1 Please refer to more information on student contribution amounts.
2 Please refer to more information on eligibility and Approved Pathway courses.
3 Please refer to more information on eligibility for HECS-HELP.
4 Please refer to more information on eligibility for FEE-HELP.
Please note: international students should refer to What is an indicative Fee? to get an indicative course cost.
You cannot enrol in this unit as well as the following:EDP711
|Timetable||View the lecture timetable | View the full unit timetable|
Required readings will be listed in the unit outline prior to the start of classes.
|Links||Booktopia textbook finder|
The University reserves the right to amend or remove courses and unit availabilities, as appropriate.