Cradle Coast, Launceston
In this unit you will learn about Music and the Visual Arts as key areas of the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and the Australian Curriculum: The Arts. You will become familiar with the research that supports the practice of the Arts in education and apply this to your planning, teaching and reflection. You will experiment with, reflect on and apply the elements of Music and Visual Arts to Early Childhood and Primary contexts and to key Australian curriculum documents. As a culminating performance of your learning you will plan, teach and reflect on a short Music or Visual Arts teaching session.
|Unit name||Arts Education: Music & Visual Arts|
|College/School||College of Arts, Law and Education
Faculty of Education
|Coordinator||Doctor William (Bill) Baker|
|Available as student elective?||Yes|
|Delivered By||University of Tasmania|
|Location||Study period||Attendance options||Available to|
|Cradle Coast||Semester 2||On-Campus||International||Domestic|
|Launceston||Semester 2||On-Campus||Off-Campus||International International||Domestic Domestic|
- International students
- Domestic students
Please check that your computer meets the minimum System Requirements if you are attending via Distance/Off-Campus.
Units are offered in attending mode unless otherwise indicated (that is attendance is required at the campus identified). A unit identified as offered by distance, that is there is no requirement for attendance, is identified with a nominal enrolment campus. A unit offered to both attending students and by distance from the same campus is identified as having both modes of study.
|Study Period||Start date||Census date||WW date||End date|
* The Final WW Date is the final date from which you can withdraw from the unit without academic penalty, however you will still incur a financial liability (see withdrawal dates explained for more information).
Unit census dates currently displaying for 2022 are indicative and subject to change. Finalised census dates for 2022 will be available from the 1st October 2021.
- Demonstrate, experiment with and reflect on the elements of Music and Visual Arts
- Apply and reflect on Arts learning in the curriculum and in Early Childhood or Primary education
- Recall and relate research in Arts education to primary or early childhood education.
- Communicate using Arts language with due attention to spelling, grammar, punctuation and referencing of sources (APA 6th).
- Apply your knowledge and skills in Arts education to teach a short lesson in Musical or Visual Arts education.
|Field of Education||Commencing Student Contribution 1||Grandfathered Student Contribution 1||Approved Pathway Course Student Contribution 2||Domestic Full Fee|
- Available as a Commonwealth Supported Place
- HECS-HELP is available on this unit, depending on your eligibility3
- FEE-HELP is available on this unit, depending on your eligibility4
1 Please refer here more information on student contribution amounts.
2 Information on eligibility and Approved Pathway courses can be found here
3 Please refer here for eligibility for HECS-HELP
4 Please refer here for eligibility for FEE-HELP
Please note: international students should refer to this page to get an indicative course cost.
You cannot enrol in this unit as well as the following:Mutual exclusion: ESH130
|Assessment||Test or quiz (10%)|Assignment (40%)|Reflection (30%)|Discussion posts (online) (20%)|
|Timetable||View the lecture timetable | View the full unit timetable|
Required readings will be listed in the unit outline prior to the start of classes.
|Links||Booktopia textbook finder|
The University reserves the right to amend or remove courses and unit availabilities, as appropriate.