Our world is in constant flux, changing in ways and at speeds never seen before. As education systems, in response, try to shift a 20th century preoccupation with what is taught to an emphasis on how to learn, how might contemporary educators design learning that empowers students with the skills and dispositions needed to address uncertainty and complexity, and thrive in contexts of change?
This unit invites you to engage with the evidence-based 4Cs approach to learning design and practically test its impacts. You will explore and apply each of the 4Cs of transformative learning - Creativity, Critical Reflection, Communication and Collaboration – in contexts of curriculum and pedagogy design, and assess their transformative impact on student engagement and achievement. Your own ‘learning about learning’ in this unit is enhanced through real world applications and embodied experiences of the 4Cs that will enrich and expand possibilities for creative learning transformation in your professional and personal worlds.
|Unit name||Transforming Learning Contexts through the 4Cs|
|College/School||College of Arts, Law and Education
Faculty of Education
|Coordinator||Mrs Sarah Hallowell|
|Available as student elective?||Yes|
|Delivered By||University of Tasmania|
This unit is currently unavailable.
Please check that your computer meets the minimum System Requirements if you are attending via Distance/Off-Campus.
Units are offered in attending mode unless otherwise indicated (that is attendance is required at the campus identified). A unit identified as offered by distance, that is there is no requirement for attendance, is identified with a nominal enrolment campus. A unit offered to both attending students and by distance from the same campus is identified as having both modes of study.
* The Final WW Date is the final date from which you can withdraw from the unit without academic penalty, however you will still incur a financial liability (see withdrawal dates explained for more information).
Unit census dates currently displaying for 2022 are indicative and subject to change. Finalised census dates for 2022 will be available from the 1st October 2021.
- Articulate your understanding and analyse the value of communication, collaboration, creativity and critical thinking (4Cs) in contemporary educational practice.
- Assess and redesign learning plans to embed cross-disciplinary and multimodal learning opportunities that embed the 4Cs.
- Apply the 4Cs approach by planning and teaching a redesigned lesson with school students, community participants or student peers.
- Collect, analyse and reflect upon data about the effectiveness of the learning sequence
|Field of Education||Commencing Student Contribution 1||Grandfathered Student Contribution 1||Approved Pathway Course Student Contribution 2||Domestic Full Fee|
1 Please refer here more information on student contribution amounts.
2 Information on eligibility and Approved Pathway courses can be found here
3 Please refer here for eligibility for HECS-HELP
4 Please refer here for eligibility for FEE-HELP
Please note: international students should refer to this page to get an indicative course cost.
|Assessment||Plan (35%)|Presentation (25%)|Reflection (40%)|
|Timetable||View the lecture timetable | View the full unit timetable|
Required readings will be listed in the unit outline prior to the start of classes.
|Links||Booktopia textbook finder|
The University reserves the right to amend or remove courses and unit availabilities, as appropriate.