|Unit name||Inclusive Mathematics|
|Faculty/School||College of Arts, Law and Education
Faculty of Education
|Available as student elective?||%asset_metadata_unit.AvailableAsElective_value^empty:No%|
Please check that your computer meets the minimum System Requirements if you are attending via Distance/Off-Campus.
Units are offered in attending mode unless otherwise indicated (that is attendance is required at the campus identified). A unit identified as offered by distance, that is there is no requirement for attendance, is identified with a nominal enrolment campus. A unit offered to both attending students and by distance from the same campus is identified as having both modes of study.
Special approval is required for enrolment into TNE Program units.
* The Final WW Date is the final date from which you can withdraw from the unit without academic penalty, however you will still incur a financial liability (see withdrawal dates explained for more information).
- Reflect on the necessary attitudes and professional values needed in order to meet the diverse learning needs of students in mathematics classrooms, including a commitment to social justice, inclusion, engagement and achievement.
- Design, develop and justify mathematical learning experiences, including assessment, for students with diverse learning needs.
- Analyse and synthesise scholarly literature relevant to identifying and catering for the diverse needs of students and apply that knowledge in the context of mathematics teaching and learning.
- Communicate in written and oral forms in a scholarly manner and engage in constructive discussion with peers.
ESH320 or EES162 or EPR320
Task 1: Online Discussion and Reflection, 1200 words [2 x 600 word summary reflections] (30%)
Task 2: Planning for inclusion lesson plan, 600 words, rationale 600 words (30%)
Task 3: Group Presentation, 1600 words (40%)
|Timetable||View the lecture timetable | View the full unit timetable|
The University reserves the right to amend or remove courses and unit availabilities, as appropriate.