- Enrolment in this unit is subject to approval by the Unit Coordinator.
- Conservatorium students are expected to have prepared their parts thoroughly prior to the first scheduled rehearsal.
- This unit is also available as a Performance Project Unit within the University Connections Program (UCP) (formerly known as the UTAS/University College Program):
- Successful students can count the unit towards their TCE (15 credit points) but do not receive a TE score (for contribution to ATAR).
- Important: UCP students who complete this FCE unit but do not meet the standard required for a pass result or higher will be withdrawn from the course without academic penalty – a failure (NN) award is not recorded on their university transcript. This (unfortunately), results in students not obtaining the allocated 15 TCE credit points.
- Students identified at risk of not passing this unit should consider withdrawing and enrolling in the TASC Music Ensemble Level 2 course (MUT205115) providing there is a sufficient timeframe to meet requirements of that course (and if successful, to obtain the allocated TCE credit points).
- Work in this unit is not permitted to be also counted/used for any assessment purposes in other units or courses of study that contribute to TCE points (TASC subjects for example).
- Please contact the UConnect support team with enquiries or find out more about credit for UCP units and other information at University Connections Program.
Designed to explore the procedural and artistic elements embedded within professional music performance practice, this unit encompasses the undertaking of thorough pre-rehearsal preparation as well as an intensive rehearsal process leading to (at least) two full presentations of prepared material. Students will develop skills in music collaboration, musical placement and technical and artistic skills appropriate to extended ensemble situations within a variety of contexts.
|Unit name||Music Project 1|
|College/School||College of Arts, Law and Education
School of Creative Arts and Media
|Coordinator||Mr Sean Priest|
|Available as student elective?||No|
|Delivered By||University of Tasmania|
This unit is currently unavailable.
Please check that your computer meets the minimum System Requirements if you are attending via Distance/Off-Campus.
Units are offered in attending mode unless otherwise indicated (that is attendance is required at the campus identified). A unit identified as offered by distance, that is there is no requirement for attendance, is identified with a nominal enrolment campus. A unit offered to both attending students and by distance from the same campus is identified as having both modes of study.
|Study Period||Start date||Census date||WW date||End date|
|Full Year Period||21/2/2022||9/8/2022||16/10/2022||16/10/2022|
* The Final WW Date is the final date from which you can withdraw from the unit without academic penalty, however you will still incur a financial liability (refer to How do I withdraw from a unit? for more information).
Unit census dates currently displaying for 2022 are indicative and subject to change. Finalised census dates for 2022 will be available from the 1st October 2021. Note census date cutoff is 11.59pm AEST (AEDT during October to March).
- use a range of skills, techniques and attributes required for consistent ensemble performance over a schedule of performances
- implement a successful practice and rehearsal regime that supports the rehearsal process
- perform extended role/repertoire with accuracy and consistency over a schedule of performances.
|Field of Education||Commencing Student Contribution 1||Grandfathered Student Contribution 1||Approved Pathway Course Student Contribution 2||Domestic Full Fee|
1 Please refer to more information on student contribution amounts.
2 Please refer to more information on eligibility and Approved Pathway courses.
3 Please refer to more information on eligibility for HECS-HELP.
4 Please refer to more information on eligibility for FEE-HELP.
Please note: international students should refer to What is an indicative Fee? to get an indicative course cost.
You cannot enrol in this unit as well as the following:FCE142 AND FCE141
This unit is part of the University Connections Program and is taught in partner schools and colleges across the Tasmanian school year. Please check the unit outline or contact the unit coordinator for further information.
|Assessment||Examination - invigilated (externally - Exams Office) (20%)|Examination - invigilated (externally - Exams Office) (30%)|Examination - invigilated (externally - Exams Office) (50%)|
|Timetable||View the lecture timetable | View the full unit timetable|
Required readings will be listed in the unit outline prior to the start of classes.
|Links||Booktopia textbook finder|
The University reserves the right to amend or remove courses and unit availabilities, as appropriate.