Experimental Production 2 is dedicated to the development, rehearsal and performance of a complete theatre production and builds on the skills and knowledge learnt in FPB316 Experimental Production 1. Classes are conducted as rehearsals of a performance text or other source material selected and directed by the Unit Lecturer. The Unit Lecturer will lead the ensemble in the creation of a performance project which may incorporate interdisciplinary practice, networked media and innovative theatre and performance practices. You will contribute to Design, Stage Management or Marketing in order to realise elements of the production, and will participate in analysis of, and discussion about, the performance text or source material. You will apply your skills in leadership, collaboration and critical thinking to contribute to the realisation of a public performance.
|Unit name||Experimental Production 2|
|College/School||College of Arts, Law and Education
School of Creative Arts and Media
|Coordinator||Doctor Jane Woollard|
|Available as student elective?||No|
|Delivered By||University of Tasmania|
|Location||Study period||Attendance options||Available to|
- International students
- Domestic students
Please check that your computer meets the minimum System Requirements if you are attending via Distance/Off-Campus.
Units are offered in attending mode unless otherwise indicated (that is attendance is required at the campus identified). A unit identified as offered by distance, that is there is no requirement for attendance, is identified with a nominal enrolment campus. A unit offered to both attending students and by distance from the same campus is identified as having both modes of study.
|Study Period||Start date||Census date||WW date||End date|
* The Final WW Date is the final date from which you can withdraw from the unit without academic penalty, however you will still incur a financial liability (see withdrawal dates explained for more information).
Unit census dates currently displaying for 2022 are indicative and subject to change. Finalised census dates for 2022 will be available from the 1st October 2021.
- Integrate performance skills and theatre production competencies.
- Critically analyse and creatively engage with the themes and issues embedded in the performance text.
- Apply skills in collaboration, communication, leadership and problem solving.
- Develop, realise and present a theatre production that creatively addresses contemporary issues and concepts.
|Field of Education||Commencing Student Contribution 1||Grandfathered Student Contribution 1||Approved Pathway Course Student Contribution 2||Domestic Full Fee|
- Available as a Commonwealth Supported Place
- HECS-HELP is available on this unit, depending on your eligibility3
- FEE-HELP is available on this unit, depending on your eligibility4
1 Please refer here more information on student contribution amounts.
2 Information on eligibility and Approved Pathway courses can be found here
3 Please refer here for eligibility for HECS-HELP
4 Please refer here for eligibility for FEE-HELP
Please note: international students should refer to this page to get an indicative course cost.
|Assessment||Task 1: Professional Portfolio (20%)|Task 2: Production Skills (25%)|Task 4: Performance and Production for a public audience (25%)|Task 3: Development and rehearsal process (30%)|
|Timetable||View the lecture timetable | View the full unit timetable|
Required readings will be listed in the unit outline prior to the start of classes.
|Links||Booktopia textbook finder|
The University reserves the right to amend or remove courses and unit availabilities, as appropriate.