Second Year Sculpture (S) and Time Based Media (TBM), involves deep engagement with objects, processes, moving image and sound. STBM is fundamental to installation practice which is a cornerstone of contemporary art. STBM 2B explores interactive & participatory installation.
STBM 2B will auspice your self-directed investigations to expand your capacity to make, think, listen and feel through multiple dimensions. Study of this unit will develop and apply sculpture, moving image and sound skills and techniques, such as advanced casting, video projection and multi-channel audio. Staff and technicians support your self-directed investigations, as you apply safe work practices.
Working alone, and in collaboration with others, you will learn to critique and contextualise traditional techniques, new technologies and diverse approaches to contemporary sculpture, moving image, sound and installation practice.
|Unit name||Sculpture & Time-Based Media 2B|
|Faculty/School||College of Arts, Law and Education
School of Creative Arts and Media
|Available as student elective?||Yes|
|Location||Study period||Attendance options||Available to|
- International students
- Domestic students
Please check that your computer meets the minimum System Requirements if you are attending via Distance/Off-Campus.
Units are offered in attending mode unless otherwise indicated (that is attendance is required at the campus identified). A unit identified as offered by distance, that is there is no requirement for attendance, is identified with a nominal enrolment campus. A unit offered to both attending students and by distance from the same campus is identified as having both modes of study.
Special approval is required for enrolment into TNE Program units.
|Study Period||Start date||Census date||WW date||End date|
* The Final WW Date is the final date from which you can withdraw from the unit without academic penalty, however you will still incur a financial liability (see withdrawal dates explained for more information).
- Develop sculpture, time based media and installation skills and techniques in relation to interactive & participatory installation, with a focus on resolution and refinement.
- Explore diverse approaches to sculpture, time based media and installation in relation to interactive & participatory installation, with a focus on resolution and refinement.
- Evaluate your experience and outcomes in relation to the broader disciplines of sculpture, time based media and installation, with a focus on resolution and refinement.
- Identify and follow WHS practices relevant to sculpture, time based media and installation techniques, materials, equipment and workspaces.
|Field of Education||Commencing Student Contribution 1||Grandfathered Student Contribution 1||Approved Pathway Course Student Contribution 2||Domestic Full Fee|
1 Please refer here more information on student contribution amounts.
2 Information on eligibility and Approved Pathway courses can be found here
If you have any questions in relation to the fees, please contact UConnect or more information is available on StudyAssist.
Please note: international students should refer to this page to get an indicative course cost.
FSF114 or FSS111 or FSE111
You cannot enrol in this unit as well as the following:
Weekly Workshop (3 hours)
Task 1: Presentation, 5 minutes (10%)
Task 2: Critique (30%)
Task 3: Artist statement, 300 words (10%)
Task 4: Folio of works in response to a self-directed proposal (30%)
Task 5: Journal (20%)
|Timetable||View the lecture timetable | View the full unit timetable|
|Links||Booktopia textbook finder|
The University reserves the right to amend or remove courses and unit availabilities, as appropriate.