In this unit you will concentrate on developing a practice-based research project of a speculative and individual nature.
Experimentation is encouraged, as is a firm commitment to the articulation of enquiries in written, verbal
and visual form, and its integration into creative practice. You will develop a body of creative work and written documentation based on your own line of speculative self-directed research and building on your contextual,
theoretical, studio-based and/or industry-based investigations undertaken over the course of the semester.
|Unit name||Creative Arts and Media Honours Thesis B|
|College/School||College of Arts, Law and Education
School of Creative Arts and Media
|Coordinator||Associate Professor Rohan Nicol|
|Delivered By||University of Tasmania|
|Location||Study period||Attendance options||Available to|
- International students
- Domestic students
|Study Period||Start date||Census date||WW date||End date|
* The Final WW Date is the final date from which you can withdraw from the unit without academic penalty, however you will still incur a financial liability (refer to How do I withdraw from a unit? for more information).
Unit census dates currently displaying for 2022 are indicative and subject to change. Finalised census dates for 2022 will be available from the 1st October 2021. Note census date cutoff is 11.59pm AEST (AEDT during October to March).
- Develop, research and manage a self-directed creative or practical research project.
- Summarise and critically evaluate your project, its contexts, and its contribution.
- Apply academic conventions and technical skills to build coherent and critical arguments realised through creative or practical work and academic writing.
- Employ and document ethical, inclusive and sustainable practices in creative and practical research.
|Field of Education||Commencing Student Contribution 1,3||Grandfathered Student Contribution 1,3||Approved Pathway Course Student Contribution 2,3||Domestic Full Fee 4|
1 Please refer to more information on student contribution amounts.
2 Please refer to more information on eligibility and Approved Pathway courses.
3 Please refer to more information on eligibility for HECS-HELP.
4 Please refer to more information on eligibility for FEE-HELP.
Please note: international students should refer to What is an indicative Fee? to get an indicative course cost.
|Assessment||Honours Thesis (practice-based) (100%)|
|Timetable||View the lecture timetable | View the full unit timetable|
Required readings will be listed in the unit outline prior to the start of classes.
|Links||Booktopia textbook finder|
The University reserves the right to amend or remove courses and unit availabilities, as appropriate.