This unit will provide an introduction to existing evidence-based research on the benefits of engagement with the arts in ageing, and strategies to mitigate risk factors for dementia employing creativity. The unit offers opportunities for students to undertake creative tasks and develop their own creativity.
|Unit name||Creativity for Life|
|Faculty/School||College of Arts, Law and Education
School of Creative Arts and Media
Assoc Prof Anne-Marie Forbes
|Available as student elective?||Yes|
|Location||Study period||Attendance options||Available to|
|Hobart||Spring school (extended)||Off-Campus||International||Domestic|
- International students
- Domestic students
Please check that your computer meets the minimum System Requirements if you are attending via Distance/Off-Campus.
Units are offered in attending mode unless otherwise indicated (that is attendance is required at the campus identified). A unit identified as offered by distance, that is there is no requirement for attendance, is identified with a nominal enrolment campus. A unit offered to both attending students and by distance from the same campus is identified as having both modes of study.
Special approval is required for enrolment into TNE Program units.
|Study Period||Start date||Census date||WW date||End date|
|Spring school (extended)||25/10/2021||17/11/2021||20/12/2021||13/2/2022|
* The Final WW Date is the final date from which you can withdraw from the unit without academic penalty, however you will still incur a financial liability (see withdrawal dates explained for more information).
- Demonstrated an understanding of the evidence-based research of the benefits of engagement with the arts and creativity in ageing.
- Developed research and practical skills and methodologies associated with creativity in the arts.
- Demonstrated creativity and critical evaluation in practical engagement with the arts.
- Demonstrated scholarly written communication skills and appropriate use of discipline-specific terminology.
|Field of Education||Commencing Student Contribution 1||Grandfathered Student Contribution 1||Approved Pathway Course Student Contribution 2||Domestic Full Fee|
1 Please refer here more information on student contribution amounts.
2 Information on eligibility and Approved Pathway courses can be found here
If you have any questions in relation to the fees, please contact UConnect or more information is available on StudyAssist.
Please note: international students should refer to this page to get an indicative course cost.
Task 1: Online quiz (10%)
Task 2: Creative projects (50%)
Task 3: Reflection on creative projects (30%)
Task 4: Discussion forum (10%)
|Timetable||View the lecture timetable | View the full unit timetable|
|Links||Booktopia textbook finder|
The University reserves the right to amend or remove courses and unit availabilities, as appropriate.