This unit will provide an introduction to existing evidence-based research on the benefits of engagement with the arts in ageing, and strategies to mitigate risk factors for dementia employing creativity. The unit offers opportunities for students to undertake creative tasks and develop their own creativity.
|Unit name||Creativity for Life|
|Faculty/School||College of Arts, Law and Education
School of Creative Arts and Media
Dr. Anne-Marie Forbes
Dr. Anne-Marie Forbes, other profile and casual staff
|Available as student elective?||Yes|
This unit is currently unavailable.
Please check that your computer meets the minimum System Requirements if you are attending via Distance/Off-Campus.
Units are offered in attending mode unless otherwise indicated (that is attendance is required at the campus identified). A unit identified as offered by distance, that is there is no requirement for attendance, is identified with a nominal enrolment campus. A unit offered to both attending students and by distance from the same campus is identified as having both modes of study.
Special approval is required for enrolment into TNE Program units.
* The Final WW Date is the final date from which you can withdraw from the unit without academic penalty, however you will still incur a financial liability (see withdrawal dates explained for more information).
- Demonstrated an understanding of the evidence-based research of the benefits of engagement with the arts and creativity in ageing.
- Developed research and practical skills and methodologies associated with creativity in the arts.
- Demonstrated creativity and critical evaluation in practical engagement with the arts.
- Demonstrated scholarly written communication skills and appropriate use of discipline-specific terminology.
|Band||Field of Education|
Fees for next year will be published before the end of the year. The fees above only apply for the year shown.
Please note: international students should refer to this page to get an indicative course cost.
Online quiz 10%, Creative projects 50%, reflection on creative projects 30% (1000 wds), Discussion Forum 10%
|Timetable||View the lecture timetable | View the full unit timetable|
The University reserves the right to amend or remove courses and unit availabilities, as appropriate.