The University of Tasmania has partnered with Macquarie University in the teaching of some languages. In place of this unit, please complete an application for Cross-Institutional Study and submit to UTAS UConnect to apply for cross-institutional enrolment in the equivalent Macquarie University unit.
Once you have submitted your application, we will notify you of our approval and provide further instruction on applying to Macquarie University.
Builds on the competency achieved by students in HEF216, providing further training in selected topics in French grammar and in translation.
|Unit name||French Language 3A|
|College/School||College of Arts, Law and Education
School of Humanities
|Discipline||Global Cultures and Languages|
|Coordinator||Doctor Billy Badger|
|Available as an elective?||Yes|
|Delivered By||Third Party(ies):|
This unit is currently unavailable.
Please check that your computer meets the minimum System Requirements if you are attending via Distance/Off-Campus.
Units are offered in attending mode unless otherwise indicated (that is attendance is required at the campus identified). A unit identified as offered by distance, that is there is no requirement for attendance, is identified with a nominal enrolment campus. A unit offered to both attending students and by distance from the same campus is identified as having both modes of study.
* The Final WW Date is the final date from which you can withdraw from the unit without academic penalty, however you will still incur a financial liability (refer to How do I withdraw from a unit? for more information).
Unit census dates currently displaying for 2024 are indicative and subject to change. Finalised census dates for 2024 will be available from the 1st October 2023. Note census date cutoff is 11.59pm AEST (AEDT during October to March).
- recognise, analyse and use a wider range of grammatical structures in written and spoken french
- understand and produce written and spoken french in order to develop convincing and coherent arguments
- use monolingual and bilingual dictionaries to search for meanings, synonyms and nuances of meaning
- use complex sentence structures in several tenses for prose writing
- demonstrate a good understanding of the major themes and materials explored in this unit.
|Field of Education||Commencing Student Contribution 1,3||Grandfathered Student Contribution 1,3||Approved Pathway Course Student Contribution 2,3||Domestic Full Fee 4|
1 Please refer to more information on student contribution amounts.
2 Please refer to more information on eligibility and Approved Pathway courses.
3 Please refer to more information on eligibility for HECS-HELP.
4 Please refer to more information on eligibility for FEE-HELP.
Please note: international students should refer to What is an indicative Fee? to get an indicative course cost.
|Timetable||View the lecture timetable | View the full unit timetable|
Required readings will be listed in the unit outline prior to the start of classes.
|Links||Booktopia textbook finder|
The University reserves the right to amend or remove courses and unit availabilities, as appropriate.