In this work integrated learning unit, you will work with industry partners for no less than 80 hours (10 days) to gain workplace experience in the creative industries. At the end of this unit, you will have a portfolio of creative work undertaken while on placement. You are required to arrange an internship in consultation with the Unit Coordinator before semester, and no later than week 1, before being eligible to enrol.
|Unit name||Professional Placement|
|College/School||College of Arts, Law and Education
School of Creative Arts and Media
|Coordinator||Doctor Claire Konkes|Doctor Gemma Blackwood|
|Delivered By||University of Tasmania|
|Location||Study period||Attendance options||Available to|
|Hobart||Semester 1||On-Campus||Off-Campus||International International||Domestic Domestic|
|Hobart||Semester 2||On-Campus||Off-Campus||International International||Domestic Domestic|
|Hobart||Winter school||On-Campus||Off-Campus||International International||Domestic Domestic|
- International students
- Domestic students
|Study Period||Start date||Census date||WW date||End date|
* The Final WW Date is the final date from which you can withdraw from the unit without academic penalty, however you will still incur a financial liability (refer to How do I withdraw from a unit? for more information).
Unit census dates currently displaying for 2022 are indicative and subject to change. Finalised census dates for 2022 will be available from the 1st October 2021. Note census date cutoff is 11.59pm AEST (AEDT during October to March).
- Critically reflect on your experiences and observations while on placement.
- Create content at or above industry standards.
- Drawing on the relevant literature, contextualise your experiences on placement with the current debates and developments in the creative industries sector at a national and global level.
- Critically reflect on your how your practice on placement was informed by the workplace realities, challenges and opportunities in the relevant sector.
|Field of Education||Commencing Student Contribution 1,3||Grandfathered Student Contribution 1,3||Approved Pathway Course Student Contribution 2,3||Domestic Full Fee 4|
1 Please refer to more information on student contribution amounts.
2 Please refer to more information on eligibility and Approved Pathway courses.
3 Please refer to more information on eligibility for HECS-HELP.
4 Please refer to more information on eligibility for FEE-HELP.
Please note: international students should refer to What is an indicative Fee? to get an indicative course cost.
You cannot enrol in this unit as well as the following:HEJ608
Work Integrated Learning – a minimum of 10 days placement or equivalent
Consultation – Minimum single consultation with unit coordinator no later than Week One
|Assessment||Reflective journal (30%)|Portfolio and reflexive essay (70%)|
|Timetable||View the lecture timetable | View the full unit timetable|
Required readings will be listed in the unit outline prior to the start of classes.
|Links||Booktopia textbook finder|
The University reserves the right to amend or remove courses and unit availabilities, as appropriate.