|Unit name||Shakespeare: Page, Stage and Screen|
|Faculty/School||College of Arts, Law and Education
School of Humanities
|Available as student elective?||%asset_metadata_unit.AvailableAsElective_value^empty:No%|
Please check that your computer meets the minimum System Requirements if you are attending via Distance/Off-Campus.
Units are offered in attending mode unless otherwise indicated (that is attendance is required at the campus identified). A unit identified as offered by distance, that is there is no requirement for attendance, is identified with a nominal enrolment campus. A unit offered to both attending students and by distance from the same campus is identified as having both modes of study.
Special approval is required for enrolment into TNE Program units.
* The Final WW Date is the final date from which you can withdraw from the unit without academic penalty, however you will still incur a financial liability (see withdrawal dates explained for more information).
- Read and analyse Shakespearean texts and their screen adaptations through: use of the critical apparatus supplied in recent editions close attention to elements of form, structure and style in the selected plays and their screen adaptations.
- Demonstrate knowledge of: significant aspects of the plays (including language, characterization and ideas) ways in which the plays have been adapted for film key theories relevant to the study of Shakespeare and Shakespeare on film.
- Construct an argument supported by: evidence from your chosen texts reference to secondary sources.
- Communicate through: tutorial presentations advanced level written essays exams.
You cannot enrol in this unit as well as the following:
Five contact hours fortnightly (13 wks)
Task 1: Exam (30%)
Task 2: Tutorial Presentation (0%)
Task 3: Data Analysis/Explication (10%)
Task 4: Research Essay (60%)
|Timetable||View the lecture timetable | View the full unit timetable|
The University reserves the right to amend or remove courses and unit availabilities, as appropriate.