Placement commences on the 25th of May 2020 and concludes on the 28th of August 2020 (14 weeks).
To be eligible to undertake this professional experience placement (PEP) students are required to:
- attend compulsory Preparation for Placement seminars;
- meet the academic pre-requisites for this unit;
- meet the Functional Requirements for students enrolled in Social Work; and,
- undertake a National Police Record Check and Working with Children/Vulnerable People Check (Volunteer).
You will be advised of how to meet these requirements at the Fieldwork Orientation Session within the first weeks of Semester 1.
See more information and resources at Field Education Placements.
|Delivered By||Delivered wholly by the provider|
|Location||Study period||Attendance options||Available to|
|Hobart||16 Week Session Jul||On-Campus||International||Domestic|
|Launceston||16 Week Session Jul||On-Campus||International||Domestic|
|Cradle Coast||16 Week Session Jul||On-Campus||International||Domestic|
- International students
- Domestic students
Please check that your computer meets the minimum System Requirements if you are attending via Distance/Off-Campus.
Units are offered in attending mode unless otherwise indicated (that is attendance is required at the campus identified). A unit identified as offered by distance, that is there is no requirement for attendance, is identified with a nominal enrolment campus. A unit offered to both attending students and by distance from the same campus is identified as having both modes of study.
* The Final WW Date is the final date from which you can withdraw from the unit without academic penalty, however you will still incur a financial liability (refer to How do I withdraw from a unit? for more information).
Unit census dates currently displaying for 2020 are indicative and subject to change. Finalised census dates for 2020 will be available from the 1st October 2019. Note census date cutoff is 11.59pm AEST (AEDT during October to March).
|Field of Education||Commencing Student Contribution 1||Grandfathered Student Contribution 1||Approved Pathway Course Student Contribution 2||Domestic Full Fee|
- Available as a Commonwealth Supported Place
- HECS-HELP is available on this unit, depending on your eligibility3
- FEE-HELP is available on this unit, depending on your eligibility4
1 Please refer to more information on student contribution amounts.
2 Please refer to more information on eligibility and Approved Pathway courses.
3 Please refer to more information on eligibility for HECS-HELP.
4 Please refer to more information on eligibility for FEE-HELP.
Please note: international students should refer to What is an indicative Fee? to get an indicative course cost.
|Timetable||View the lecture timetable | View the full unit timetable|
Required readings will be listed in the unit outline prior to the start of classes.
|Links||Booktopia textbook finder|
The University reserves the right to amend or remove courses and unit availabilities, as appropriate.