The honours thesis is a 15,000 word research project on a topic of the student’s choice which has been approved by the Honours coordinator. The supervision of the project involves (where applicable) the gaining of ethics approval, and regular meetings between the student and their primary supervisor, aimed at monitoring the progress of research and thesis preparation. The thesis is completed according to the academic conventions of the relevant discipline, or combined disciplines.
|Unit name||Honours Thesis A|
|College/School||College of Arts, Law and Education
College Office - CALE
|Discipline||English|Global Cultures and Languages|History and Classics|Philosophy and Gender Studies|Politics and International Relations|Sociology and Criminology|
|Coordinator||Doctor Jayne Knight|
|Delivered By||University of Tasmania|
|Location||Study period||Attendance options||Available to|
|Hobart||Semester 1||On-Campus||Off-Campus||International International||Domestic Domestic|
|Hobart||Semester 2||On-Campus||Off-Campus||International International||Domestic Domestic|
- International students
- Domestic students
|Study Period||Start date||Census date||WW date||End date|
* The Final WW Date is the final date from which you can withdraw from the unit without academic penalty, however you will still incur a financial liability (refer to How do I withdraw from a unit? for more information).
Unit census dates currently displaying for 2022 are indicative and subject to change. Finalised census dates for 2022 will be available from the 1st October 2021. Note census date cutoff is 11.59pm AEST (AEDT during October to March).
- Plan and execute a scholarly project in a Creative Arts and Media, Humanities or Social Sciences discipline or combination of disciplines.
- Conduct independent research according to disciplinary conventions.
- Apply advanced disciplinary knowledge and skills to produce an original thesis.
- Communicate project outcomes according to disciplinary conventions.
|Field of Education||Commencing Student Contribution 1,3||Grandfathered Student Contribution 1,3||Approved Pathway Course Student Contribution 2,3||Domestic Full Fee 4|
1 Please refer to more information on student contribution amounts.
2 Please refer to more information on eligibility and Approved Pathway courses.
3 Please refer to more information on eligibility for HECS-HELP.
4 Please refer to more information on eligibility for FEE-HELP.
Please note: international students should refer to What is an indicative Fee? to get an indicative course cost.
|Assessment||Honours Thesis (100%)|
|Timetable||View the lecture timetable | View the full unit timetable|
Required readings will be listed in the unit outline prior to the start of classes.
|Links||Booktopia textbook finder|
The University reserves the right to amend or remove courses and unit availabilities, as appropriate.