|Unit name||Nero and Neronian Literature|
|Faculty/School||College of Arts, Law and Education
School of Humanities
|Discipline||History and Classics|
|Available as student elective?||%asset_metadata_unit.AvailableAsElective_value^empty:No%|
Please check that your computer meets the minimum System Requirements if you are attending via Distance/Off-Campus.
Units are offered in attending mode unless otherwise indicated (that is attendance is required at the campus identified). A unit identified as offered by distance, that is there is no requirement for attendance, is identified with a nominal enrolment campus. A unit offered to both attending students and by distance from the same campus is identified as having both modes of study.
Special approval is required for enrolment into TNE Program units.
* The Final WW Date is the final date from which you can withdraw from the unit without academic penalty, however you will still incur a financial liability (see withdrawal dates explained for more information).
- Produce valid interpretations of the content of a range of historical, literary, and cultural material for the study of the Neronian principate.
- Analyse and critique literary themes and cultural issues relevant to the Neronian period.
- Demonstrate awareness of the cultural contexts for sources of evidence for the Neronian period.
- Express analysis of materials under examination in this unit effectively in writing.
25 points at introductory level in any discipline in any Faculty
You cannot enrol in this unit as well as the following:
Task 1: Weekly reading reflections, 50-100 words (10%)
Task 2: Primary text analyses x 3, 300 words each (15%)
Task 3: Major essay, 2250 words (35%)
Task 4: Take-home exam (40%)
|Timetable||View the lecture timetable | View the full unit timetable|
The University reserves the right to amend or remove courses and unit availabilities, as appropriate.