This unit enables students to develop and refine an individual text-based research topic of their interest, on a project connected to the expertise of a staff member. This is an individual study negotiated with the Honours Coordinator and an academic. Students will meet regularly with an academic expert to develop their approach and complete their written project.
|Unit name||Text-based Negotiated Study|
|College/School||College of Arts, Law and Education
School of Humanities
|Discipline||English|Global Cultures and Languages|History and Classics|Philosophy and Gender Studies|
|Coordinator||Doctor Charlotte Dunn|
|Delivered By||University of Tasmania|
This unit is currently unavailable.
Please check that your computer meets the minimum System Requirements if you are attending via Distance/Off-Campus.
Units are offered in attending mode unless otherwise indicated (that is attendance is required at the campus identified). A unit identified as offered by distance, that is there is no requirement for attendance, is identified with a nominal enrolment campus. A unit offered to both attending students and by distance from the same campus is identified as having both modes of study.
* The Final WW Date is the final date from which you can withdraw from the unit without academic penalty, however you will still incur a financial liability (refer to How do I withdraw from a unit? for more information).
Unit census dates currently displaying for 2024 are indicative and subject to change. Finalised census dates for 2024 will be available from the 1st October 2023. Note census date cutoff is 11.59pm AEST (AEDT during October to March).
- Propose and develop a text-based research project negotiated with an academic member of staff
- Apply skills in researching a text-based honours level project
- Identify and analyse the key themes and issues of your text-based research project
- Communicate your research project with sophistication and clarity
The 2024 Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP) rates are still being finalised by the Government and we will update the domestic fee information as soon as we have more details.
You cannot enrol in this unit as well as the following:HUM408 Negotiated Study
|Assessment||Text-based research project (10%)|Text-based project proposal (20%)|Writing sample (20%)|Text-based research project (50%)|
|Timetable||View the lecture timetable | View the full unit timetable|
Required readings will be listed in the unit outline prior to the start of classes.
|Links||Booktopia textbook finder|
The University reserves the right to amend or remove courses and unit availabilities, as appropriate.