Delivered over 2 years this fully flexible online program is designed to fit around the busy lives of professionals working in the healthcare industry:
- build your practical skills and enhance your research capabilities
- your expertise will be developed in planning, implementation and evaluation of evidence-based health service improvements
- develop your advanced problem solving and analytical skills to help 'diagnose' service delivery issues and inefficiencies
- implement solutions that can lead to lasting change, improved service delivery and sustainable health care
This course will also provide you with an opportunity to undertake research, building on topics that are of an interest to you and which you wish to explore in greater depth.
This is the perfect course for anyone motivated by positive change and improvement in healthcare whether you are a practising health professional in a public, private or not-for-profit organisation, or a healthcare service administrator. Your experience will be built upon to equip you with the essential skills, tools and knowledge to lead improvement initiatives. This implies better outcomes for consumers of healthcare.
So enhance your career opportunities and begin the journey into healthcare improvement today.
Graduates will have:
Enhancement of their role as healthcare professionals with the ability to plan, implement and evaluate evidence-based healthcare/services improvements into practice. By consolidating and advancing communication skills, students will be able to build more effective relationships with patients and other health professionals.
University of Tasmania General admission standards apply for domestic students. The Faculty of Health may accept as a candidate into the course either of the following:
- A person who has completed an undergraduate degree of an Australian higher education institution or the equivalent standard in any other institution.
- Equivalent experience and/or qualifications as deemed appropriate by the Dean, as delegated to the Course Coordinator.
The Bachelor of Healthcare with Professional Honours (Clinical Redesign) articulates directly with the Master of Quality and Safety, Master of Clinical Nursing
Fees & scholarships
Domestic students enrolled in a full fee paying place are charged the Student Services and Amenities Fee but this fee is incorporated in the fees you pay for each unit you enrol in. Full fee paying domestic students do not have to make any additional SSAF payments.
For information on general scholarships available at the University of Tasmania, please visit the scholarships website.
How can we help?
Do you have any questions about choosing a course or applying? Get in touch.