|Unit name||Qualitative Research in Aged and Dementia Care|
|Faculty/School||College of Health and Medicine
Wicking Dementia Research & Education Centre
|Discipline||Wicking Dementia Research & Education Centre|
Dr Emma Lea
|Available as student elective?||Yes|
|Location||Study period||Attendance options||Available to|
- International students
- Domestic students
Please check that your computer meets the minimum System Requirements if you are attending via Distance/Off-Campus.
Units are offered in attending mode unless otherwise indicated (that is attendance is required at the campus identified). A unit identified as offered by distance, that is there is no requirement for attendance, is identified with a nominal enrolment campus. A unit offered to both attending students and by distance from the same campus is identified as having both modes of study.
Special approval is required for enrolment into TNE Program units.
|Study Period||Start date||Census date||WW date||End date|
* The Final WW Date is the final date from which you can withdraw from the unit without academic penalty, however you will still incur a financial liability (see withdrawal dates explained for more information).
Unit census dates currently displaying for 2018 are indicative and subject to change. Finalised census dates for 2018 will be available from the 1st October 2017.
On completion of this unit, you will be able to:
- Describe the role of qualitative research in expanding understandings of dementia.
- Distinguish between various qualitative methodologies and their contributions to knowledge about dementia.
- Compare the different types of knowledge and evidence obtained by using qualitative and quantitative research methodologies.
- Discuss ethical and legal considerations relevant to the conduct of qualitative research with 'vulnerable' individuals or groups.
- Reflect upon how qualitative research findings can be used to enhance the quality of life of people living with dementia.
|Band||CSP Student Contribution||Full Fee Paying (domestic)||Field of Education|
|1||2018: $805.00||2018: $1,969.00||090507|
Fees for next year will be published in October. The fees above only apply for the year shown.
Please note: international students should refer to this page to get an indicative course cost.
- CAD203, CAD204
You cannot enrol in this unit as well as the following:
Assessment Task 1: Discussion board posts/responses (1,000 words) (20%)
Assessment Task 2: Reflective Essay (1,500 words) (30%)
Assessment Task 3: Oral presentation (8-12mins) (20%)
Assessment Task 4: Essay (1,500 words) (30%)
|Timetable||View the lecture timetable | View the full unit timetable|
Booktopia textbook links
The University reserves the right to amend or remove courses and unit availabilities, as appropriate.