This unit provides students with an understanding of how systems-based approaches are being used to address problems in human health and wellbeing. Students will plan and undertake experiments investigating disease mechanism using systems-based tools and approaches to data collection and analysis.
|Unit name||Systems-based Approaches to Medical Research|
|College/School||College of Health and Medicine
School of Medicine
|Coordinator||Doctor Renee Ross|
|Available as an elective?||Yes|
|Delivered By||University of Tasmania|
This unit is currently unavailable.
* The Final WW Date is the final date from which you can withdraw from the unit without academic penalty, however you will still incur a financial liability (refer to How do I withdraw from a unit? for more information).
Unit census dates currently displaying for 2022 are indicative and subject to change. Finalised census dates for 2022 will be available from the 1st October 2021. Note census date cutoff is 11.59pm AEST (AEDT during October to March).
- Discuss contemporary systems-based approaches used to address issues related to health and disease
- Design strategies to investigate disease mechanisms using systems based approaches
- Plan and undertake experiments using appropriate systems-based tools
- Solve research problems using contemporary systems-based approaches to data collection and analysis
- Critically evaluate and interpret experimental data and medical research literature
|Field of Education||Commencing Student Contribution 1,3||Grandfathered Student Contribution 1,3||Approved Pathway Course Student Contribution 2,3||Domestic Full Fee 4|
1 Please refer to more information on student contribution amounts.
2 Please refer to more information on eligibility and Approved Pathway courses.
3 Please refer to more information on eligibility for HECS-HELP.
4 Please refer to more information on eligibility for FEE-HELP.
Please note: international students should refer to What is an indicative Fee? to get an indicative course cost.
PrerequisitesCBA265 or CHP207
You cannot enrol in this unit as well as the following:CBA341 and CBA342
|Timetable||View the lecture timetable | View the full unit timetable|
Required readings will be listed in the unit outline prior to the start of classes.
|Links||Booktopia textbook finder|
The University reserves the right to amend or remove courses and unit availabilities, as appropriate.