Courses & Units
Projects in Medical Research A CAM315
This unit provides students with ‘hands-on’ experience in research in an area of biomedical science. Students will be provided with the opportunity to develop their research skills, including experiment planning and design, conducting a research project and analysing data. In addition, students will have the opportunity to develop their record-keeping as well as written and oral presentation skills.
|Unit name||Projects in Medical Research A|
|College/School||College of Health and Medicine
School of Medicine
|Coordinator||Doctor Renee Ross|
|Available as an elective?||Yes|
|Delivered By||University of Tasmania|
This unit is currently unavailable.
Please check that your computer meets the minimum System Requirements if you are attending via Distance/Off-Campus.
Units are offered in attending mode unless otherwise indicated (that is attendance is required at the campus identified). A unit identified as offered by distance, that is there is no requirement for attendance, is identified with a nominal enrolment campus. A unit offered to both attending students and by distance from the same campus is identified as having both modes of study.
* The Final WW Date is the final date from which you can withdraw from the unit without academic penalty, however you will still incur a financial liability (refer to How do I withdraw from a unit? for more information).
Unit census dates currently displaying for 2022 are indicative and subject to change. Finalised census dates for 2022 will be available from the 1st October 2021. Note census date cutoff is 11.59pm AEST (AEDT during October to March).
- Demonstrate and apply knowledge of a research topic related to health and disease by designing and conducting a research experiment
- Communicate scientific information in oral and written form to a broad audience
- Critically evaluate and analyse scientific data.
- Demonstrate the ability to plan and conduct research in an ethically responsible manner.
- Demonstrate good research practise by keeping accurate experimental records
|Field of Education||Commencing Student Contribution 1,3||Grandfathered Student Contribution 1,3||Approved Pathway Course Student Contribution 2,3||Domestic Full Fee 4|
1 Please refer to more information on student contribution amounts.
2 Please refer to more information on eligibility and Approved Pathway courses.
3 Please refer to more information on eligibility for HECS-HELP.
4 Please refer to more information on eligibility for FEE-HELP.
If you have any questions in relation to the fees, please contact UConnect or more information is available on StudyAssist.
Please note: international students should refer to What is an indicative Fee? to get an indicative course cost.
You cannot enrol in this unit as well as the following:CBA344
|Timetable||View the lecture timetable | View the full unit timetable|
Required readings will be listed in the unit outline prior to the start of classes.
|Links||Booktopia textbook finder|
The University reserves the right to amend or remove courses and unit availabilities, as appropriate.