This unit is also available in the Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma and Masters in Quality Services (Health and Safety).
During this unit students will acquire knowledge, critically review and communicate key information in relation to theoretical models and frameworks of quality evaluation.
|Unit name||Evaluating Quality|
|College/School||College of Health and Medicine
School of Nursing
|Coordinator||Ms Jo-Ann (Jo) Jones|
|Available as student elective?||No|
|Location||Study period||Attendance options||Available to|
- International students
- Domestic students
Please check that your computer meets the minimum System Requirements if you are attending via Distance/Off-Campus.
Units are offered in attending mode unless otherwise indicated (that is attendance is required at the campus identified). A unit identified as offered by distance, that is there is no requirement for attendance, is identified with a nominal enrolment campus. A unit offered to both attending students and by distance from the same campus is identified as having both modes of study.
Special approval is required for enrolment into TNE Program units.
|Study Period||Start date||Census date||WW date||End date|
* The Final WW Date is the final date from which you can withdraw from the unit without academic penalty, however you will still incur a financial liability (see withdrawal dates explained for more information).
Unit census dates currently displaying for 2022 are indicative and subject to change. Finalised census dates for 2022 will be available from the 1st October 2021.
- identify and describe a range of theoretical models and frameworks of quality evaluation.
- implement a method to identify attributes of your service delivery that are critical to delivered quality.
- identify and select relevant methods to collect and communicate improvement opportunities to health services practitioners and other audiences.
- analyze theoretical frameworks that support knowledge-based risk assessments to be used in the minimization and control of ongoing risks
|Field of Education||Commencing Student Contribution 1||Grandfathered Student Contribution 1||Approved Pathway Course Student Contribution 2||Domestic Full Fee|
1 Please refer here more information on student contribution amounts.
2 Information on eligibility and Approved Pathway courses can be found here
If you have any questions in relation to the fees, please contact UConnect or more information is available on StudyAssist.
Please note: international students should refer to this page to get an indicative course cost.
|Assessment||Quiz (20%)|Survey and Semi-Structured Interview Design (50%)|Online Posts and Activities (30%)|
|Timetable||View the lecture timetable | View the full unit timetable|
|Required||Required readings will be listed in the unit outline prior to the start of classes.||Links||Booktopia textbook finder|
The University reserves the right to amend or remove courses and unit availabilities, as appropriate.