This unit integrates the development of personal and professional leadership attributes and approaches through submission of portfolio exemplars. Students will demonstrate their leadership capabilities which include the application of self-awareness, personal and organisational values which expand personal spheres of influence and relational skills that have contributed to building and sustaining collaborative practices and engendering leadership in others.
|Unit name||The Enabled Leader|
|College/School||College of Health and Medicine
School of Nursing
|Coordinator||Ms Jo Jones|
|Delivered By||University of Tasmania|
|Location||Study period||Attendance options||Available to|
- International students
- Domestic students
Please check that your computer meets the minimum System Requirements if you are attending via Distance/Off-Campus.
Units are offered in attending mode unless otherwise indicated (that is attendance is required at the campus identified). A unit identified as offered by distance, that is there is no requirement for attendance, is identified with a nominal enrolment campus. A unit offered to both attending students and by distance from the same campus is identified as having both modes of study.
|Study Period||Start date||Census date||WW date||End date|
* The Final WW Date is the final date from which you can withdraw from the unit without academic penalty, however you will still incur a financial liability (refer to How do I withdraw from a unit? for more information).
Unit census dates currently displaying for 2023 are indicative and subject to change. Finalised census dates for 2023 will be available from the 1st October 2022. Note census date cutoff is 11.59pm AEST (AEDT during October to March).
- Demonstrate leadership attributes that include the application of self-awareness, personal and organisational values
- Reflect upon own learning and identify achievable goals for further development
- Demonstrate insight into the ways spheres of influence builds and sustains collaborative/innovative ways of working
- Present a portfolio of learning that includes evidence of inclusive practices, enabling of others evaluation of learning and future directions
|Field of Education||Commencing Student Contribution 1||Grandfathered Student Contribution 1||Approved Pathway Course Student Contribution 2||Domestic Full Fee|
1 Please refer to more information on student contribution amounts.
2 Please refer to more information on eligibility and Approved Pathway courses.
3 Please refer to more information on eligibility for HECS-HELP.
4 Please refer to more information on eligibility for FEE-HELP.
Please note: international students should refer to What is an indicative Fee? to get an indicative course cost.
PrerequisitesCNA417 AND CNA425 AND (CNA415 OR CNA428) AND CNA416
Individual Study – This unit is offered fully online via MyLO (My Learning Online). You are expected to devote around 10 hours per week to the study materials, assessment tasks and self-directed learning.
|Assessment||(50%)|Showcase and Self Evaluation (20%)|Reflective Essay (30%)|
|Timetable||View the lecture timetable | View the full unit timetable|
Required readings will be listed in the unit outline prior to the start of classes.
|Links||Booktopia textbook finder|
The University reserves the right to amend or remove courses and unit availabilities, as appropriate.