This unit enables students to further develop the knowledge and skills required for child and family health practice. You will be exposed to new concepts and information that will enable you to manage more complex situations as you move towards independent practice. Learning in this unit will focus upon counselling, the management of perinatal depression, and complex feeding issues.
|Unit name||Child and Family Health: Clinical Practice 2|
|College/School||College of Health and Medicine
School of Nursing
|Coordinator||Ms Shiona Macpherson|
|Delivered By||University of Tasmania|
|Location||Study period||Attendance options||Available to|
- International students
- Domestic students
|Study Period||Start date||Census date||WW date||End date|
* The Final WW Date is the final date from which you can withdraw from the unit without academic penalty, however you will still incur a financial liability (refer to How do I withdraw from a unit? for more information).
Unit census dates currently displaying for 2022 are indicative and subject to change. Finalised census dates for 2022 will be available from the 1st October 2021. Note census date cutoff is 11.59pm AEST (AEDT during October to March).
- describe the assessment and management of complex lactation issues and nutrition-related issues of infants and children.
- analyse and explore child and family health clinical issues such as the identification, assessment and management of perinatal depression.
- discuss advanced communication skills including the concept of working in partnership with individuals and families.
- complete in-practice assessments as outlined in the professional experience placement (PEP) journal, and for students in NSW, also the postgraduate student reflective learning tool.
|Field of Education||Commencing Student Contribution 1,3||Grandfathered Student Contribution 1,3||Approved Pathway Course Student Contribution 2,3||Domestic Full Fee 4|
1 Please refer to more information on student contribution amounts.
2 Please refer to more information on eligibility and Approved Pathway courses.
3 Please refer to more information on eligibility for HECS-HELP.
4 Please refer to more information on eligibility for FEE-HELP.
Please note: international students should refer to What is an indicative Fee? to get an indicative course cost.
PrerequisitesCNA752 AND CNA758
Individual Study – This unit is offered fully online via MyLO (My Learning Online). You are expected to devote around 10 hours per week to the study materials, assessment tasks and self-directed learning.
|Assessment||Online Exam|In-Practice Assessments|Case Study Essay (50%)|Scenario Essay (50%)|
|Timetable||View the lecture timetable | View the full unit timetable|
Required readings will be listed in the unit outline prior to the start of classes.
|Links||Booktopia textbook finder|
The University reserves the right to amend or remove courses and unit availabilities, as appropriate.