This unit is being phased out, no new enrolments are being taken.
The objectives of the unit are to:
(1) introduce provisional psychologists to a variety of research methodologies and
statistics related to clinical psychology,
(2) program planning and evaluation, and
(3) assist students with developing their research proposal
|Unit name||Research Design|
|College/School||College of Health and Medicine
School of Psychological Sciences
|Coordinator||Associate Professor Raimondo Bruno|
|Delivered By||University of Tasmania|
|Location||Study period||Attendance options||Available to|
- International students
- Domestic students
Please check that your computer meets the minimum System Requirements if you are attending via Distance/Off-Campus.
Units are offered in attending mode unless otherwise indicated (that is attendance is required at the campus identified). A unit identified as offered by distance, that is there is no requirement for attendance, is identified with a nominal enrolment campus. A unit offered to both attending students and by distance from the same campus is identified as having both modes of study.
|Study Period||Start date||Census date||WW date||End date|
* The Final WW Date is the final date from which you can withdraw from the unit without academic penalty, however you will still incur a financial liability (refer to How do I withdraw from a unit? for more information).
Unit census dates currently displaying for 2022 are indicative and subject to change. Finalised census dates for 2022 will be available from the 1st October 2021. Note census date cutoff is 11.59pm AEST (AEDT during October to March).
- be aware of a number of different approaches to research design and analysis that have direct application in clinical psychology practice.
- be able to develop a research proposal with an appropriate design and statistical techniques.
- be able to plan and evaluate clinical intervention programs.
|Field of Education||Commencing Student Contribution 1||Grandfathered Student Contribution 1||Approved Pathway Course Student Contribution 2||Domestic Full Fee|
1 Please refer to more information on student contribution amounts.
2 Please refer to more information on eligibility and Approved Pathway courses.
3 Please refer to more information on eligibility for HECS-HELP.
4 Please refer to more information on eligibility for FEE-HELP.
Please note: international students should refer to What is an indicative Fee? to get an indicative course cost.
2-hr seminar weekly
|Assessment||Application of statistical methods (50%)|Development of an evaluation proposal and plan (50%)|Presentation plus research proposal plan|
|Timetable||View the lecture timetable | View the full unit timetable|
Required readings will be listed in the unit outline prior to the start of classes.
|Links||Booktopia textbook finder|
The University reserves the right to amend or remove courses and unit availabilities, as appropriate.