This unit will introduce students to cognitive behavioural therapy and the basic therapeutic techniques necessary to undertake their first placement. The therapeutic techniques will include cognitive interventions, behavioural interventions, emotional and physical focused techniques. Where appropriate, sessions will be supplemented with audio-visual material and handouts, and students should be prepared to role-play elements of the key therapy skills when discussed.
|Unit name||Intervention Skills in Psychology Practice 1|
|College/School||College of Health and Medicine
School of Psychological Sciences
|Coordinator||Doctor Emma Richardson|
|Delivered By||University of Tasmania|
|Location||Study period||Attendance options||Available to|
- International students
- Domestic students
Please check that your computer meets the minimum System Requirements if you are attending via Distance/Off-Campus.
Units are offered in attending mode unless otherwise indicated (that is attendance is required at the campus identified). A unit identified as offered by distance, that is there is no requirement for attendance, is identified with a nominal enrolment campus. A unit offered to both attending students and by distance from the same campus is identified as having both modes of study.
|Study Period||Start date||Census date||WW date||End date|
* The Final WW Date is the final date from which you can withdraw from the unit without academic penalty, however you will still incur a financial liability (refer to How do I withdraw from a unit? for more information).
Unit census dates currently displaying for 2024 are indicative and subject to change. Finalised census dates for 2024 will be available from the 1st October 2023. Note census date cutoff is 11.59pm AEST (AEDT during October to March).
- Justify an intersectional cognitive behavioural therapy case formulation based on individual client presentations.
- Assess the evidence-base for a variety of therapeutic techniques.
- Propose tailored cognitive behavioural therapy treatment plans based on a variety of client presentations and intersections
- Apply cognitive behavioural therapy knowledge and skills to inform evidence-based treatment.
The 2024 Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP) rates are still being finalised by the Government and we will update the domestic fee information as soon as we have more details.
Concurrent PrerequisitesEthics and Professional Psychology Practice 1
You cannot enrol in this unit as well as the following:KHA714
3hr Seminar weekly
|Assessment||OSCE (50%)|Written report (50%)|
|Timetable||View the lecture timetable | View the full unit timetable|
Each week you will be required to engage in readings related to the following week’s content. These readings will be placed on MyLO in the associated modules.
|Links||Booktopia textbook finder|
The University reserves the right to amend or remove courses and unit availabilities, as appropriate.