In this unit you will apply skills to develop and justify a clinically relevant research project by reviewing relevant literature and completing and submitting an ethics protocol and/or synthesis protocol. You will also conduct data collection and complete a draft results section.
|Unit name||Research Skills in Clinical Psychology 2|
|College/School||College of Health and Medicine
School of Psychological Sciences
|Coordinator||Professor Kimberley Norris|
|Delivered By||University of Tasmania|
|Location||Study period||Attendance options||Available to|
- International students
- Domestic students
Please check that your computer meets the minimum System Requirements if you are attending via Distance/Off-Campus.
Units are offered in attending mode unless otherwise indicated (that is attendance is required at the campus identified). A unit identified as offered by distance, that is there is no requirement for attendance, is identified with a nominal enrolment campus. A unit offered to both attending students and by distance from the same campus is identified as having both modes of study.
|Study Period||Start date||Census date||WW date||End date|
* The Final WW Date is the final date from which you can withdraw from the unit without academic penalty, however you will still incur a financial liability (refer to How do I withdraw from a unit? for more information).
Unit census dates currently displaying for 2024 are indicative and subject to change. Finalised census dates for 2024 will be available from the 1st October 2023. Note census date cutoff is 11.59pm AEST (AEDT during October to March).
- Synthesise existing research to justify a clinically relevant research question
- Develop a research methodology to test a clinically relevant research question
- Appraise and respond to ethical considerations relevant to research conduct
- Collect clinically relevant data
- Analyse clinically relevant data
The 2024 Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP) rates are still being finalised by the Government and we will update the domestic fee information as soon as we have more details.
PrerequisitesPSY702 AND PSY704
You cannot enrol in this unit as well as the following:KHA739
Approximately 8hrs Independent learning per week
|Assessment||Data Analysis (50%)|Study Protocol (50%)|
|Timetable||View the lecture timetable | View the full unit timetable|
Required readings will be listed in the unit outline prior to the start of classes.
|Links||Booktopia textbook finder|
The University reserves the right to amend or remove courses and unit availabilities, as appropriate.