Course rules for M4H Bachelor of Health Science with Honours
1. To qualify for entry applicants will have successfully completed an undergraduate degree in Health Science, Science or other related discipline, with at least a credit average.
2. Candidates for the degree shall complete the degree requirements, as hereinafter prescribed, in not less than one year of full-time study (or its equivalent)] and not more than three years from the time of first enrolment.
3. To qualify for the degree, the candidate shall: pass units comprising:
- a compulsory core of three 25% units (CXA421, CXA422 and CXA423);
- a unit in Statistics and Data Handling
- a unit as prescribed by the School
4. The units which may be included in a course for the degree shall, unless otherwise approved by the Dean, be in accordance with the Schedule for Bachelor of Health Science (Honours) accompanying these specifications.
5. Units may be counted towards the degree only if they have been taken in accordance with prerequisites determined by the Faculty of Health Science and as summarised in Schedule for Bachelor of Health Science (Honours).
6. A candidate normally may not enrol in any year in units totalling more than 100% weighting, or if the candidate is in full-time employment during any given Semester, more than 50% (two units) weighting.
7. Where two or more units of the same name or content are offered within the University, only one may be counted towards the degree.
8. In every case the candidate's choice of units and the order in which they are taken shall be subject to approval by the Dean in accordance with the requirements of paragraph 3.
Credit for Previous Studies
9. Passes in subjects or units in other courses (completed or otherwise) in this University or another approved tertiary institution (or other approved professional examining body) may be credited towards the degree, provided that the Faculty may specify what more a candidate so credited shall be required to do to qualify for the degree.
10. The classes of Honours shall be first class, second class and third class. There shall be an upper and lower division in the second class.
11. The Faculty may from time to time make amendments to the Schedules to these specifications.
12. These specifications shall take effect on 1 January 2007 and shall apply to all candidates for the degree, including those enrolling for the first time in that year and those enrolled subsequently.
13. The approved abbreviation for the degree of Bachelor of Health Science (Honours) shall be BHlthSc(Hons).