Course rules for R5W Graduate Certificate in Arts (Specialisation)
1. 1. The Graduate Certificate in Arts (Specialisation/s) is an exit award qualification from the Bachelor of Arts with Honours
(A4A), Bachelor of Arts with Honours (R4A), Bachelor of Arts with Professional Honours (Specialisation) (R4C), Master of
Arts (Specialisation/s) (R7W), Graduate Diploma of Arts (Specialisation/s) (R6W) and Graduate Diploma of Journalism,
Media and Communications (R6I), Bachelor of Media with Honours (R4E), Bachelor of Social Science with Honours
(R4F), Bachelor of Justice Studies with Honours (R4D) award/s.
2. Candidates for the Graduate Certificate in Arts(Specialisation/s) shall complete the degree requirements, as hereinafter prescribed, in not less than one semester of full time study [or its equivalent] and not more than two years from the time of first enrolment.
3. To qualify for the Graduate Certificate, the candidate shall pass four units totalling 50 credit points from the accompanying Schedule in the chosen discipline
4. The units which may be included in a course for the Graduate Certificate shall, unless otherwise approved by the College, be in accordance with the Schedule accompanying these specifications.
5. Units may be counted towards the Graduate Certificate only if they have been taken in accordance with prerequisites determined by the College and as summarised in the Schedule accompanying these specifications.
6. A candidate normally may not enrol in any year in units totalling more than 50cp (four 12.5cp units) weighting. This applies to all candidates including those in full-time employment during any given year.
7. Where two or more units of the same name or content are offered within the University, only one may be counted towards the Graduate Certificate.
8. In every case the candidate's choice of units and the order in which they are taken shall be subject to approval by the College in accordance with the requirements of paragraph 4.
Credit for Previous Studies
9. Passes in subjects or units in other courses (completed or otherwise) in this University or another approved tertiary institution (or other approved professional examining body) may be credited towards the degree, provided that the College may specify what more a candidate so credited shall be required to do to qualify for the Graduate Certificate.
10. The College may from time to time make amendments to the Schedule to these specifications.
11. Should any difficulty arise for a candidate previously enrolled because of any difference between course requirements and units offered under these specifications and those previously in force, the Faculty shall ensure that the candidate is not materially disadvantaged by these specifications.
12. These specifications shall take effect on 1 January 2018 and shall apply to all candidates for the Graduate Certificate, including those enrolling for the first time in that year and those enrolled subsequently.
13. The approved abbreviation for the degree of Graduate Certificate in Arts (Specialisation/s) shall be GradCertArts(Spec/s).