Course rules for E4Y Bachelor of Education with Professional Honours (Leadership)
1. Candidates for the degree shall be qualified for entry if they are holders of degree in education or related area offered by recognised tertiary education providers, or have five years' relevant work experience.
2. Candidates for the degree shall complete the Bachelor of EducationwithProfessionalHonours (Leadership) as hereinafter prescribed, in not less than twelve months of full-time study (or its equivalent) and not more three years from the time of first enrolment.
3. To qualify for the degree, the candidate shall:
pass eight units comprising:
(a) five compulsory units; and
(b) up to three optional units from the Leadership units schedule, or
(c) a minimum of two optional units from the Leadership units schedule and one unit from other postgraduate coursework programs
4. The units which may be included in a course for the degree shall, unless otherwise approved by the Dean, be in accordance with Schedule A accompanying these specifications.
5. Units may be counted towards the degree only if they have been taken in accordance with prerequisites determined by the Faculty of Education and as summarized in Schedule A.
6. A candidate normally may not enrol in any year in units totalling more than 100% weighting, or if the candidate is in full-time employment during any given Semester, more than 50% weighting.
7. Where two or more units of the same name or content are offered within the University, only one may be counted towards the degree.
8. In every case the candidate's choice of units and the order in which they are taken shall be subject to approval by the Dean in accordance with the requirements of paragraph 3.
Credit for Previous Studies
9. Passes in subjects or units in other courses (completed or otherwise) in this University or another approved tertiary institution (or other approved professional examining body) may be credited towards the degree, provided that the Faculty may specify what more a candidate so credited shall be required to do to qualify for the degree.
10. The Faculty may from time to time make amendments to the Schedule to these specifications.
- These specifications shall take effect on 23 February 2015 and shall apply to all candidates for the degree, including those enrolling for the first time in that year and those enrolled subsequently.
- The approved abbreviation for the degree shall be BEd ProfHons (Leadership).