Course rules for E5Q Graduate Certificate in Education (Mathematics Education)
1. This is an exit award only for the Master of Education (Mathematics Education).
2. To qualify for the award, a candidate shall pass four 12.5% specialisation units as specified in the Schedule accompanying these specifications.
3. [i] Units may be counted towards the award only if they have been taken in accordance with prerequisites and as summarised in the Schedule.
[ii] A candidate normally may not enrol in any semester in units totalling more than 50% weighting
[iii] Where two or more units of the same name or content are offered within the University, only one may be counted towards the award.
[iv] In every case the candidate's choice of units and the order in which they are taken shall be subject to approval in accordance with the requirements of paragraph 3.
Credit for previous studies
4. Passes in subjects or units in other courses (completed or otherwise) in this University or another approved tertiary institution (or other approved professional examining body) may be credited towards the award, provided that the School may specify what more a candidate so credited shall be required to do to qualify for the award.
5. The School may from time to time make amendments to the Schedule to these specifications.
6. These specifications shall take effect on 1 July 2018 and shall apply to all candidates for the award, including those 6nrolling for the first time in that year and those enrolled subsequently.
7. The approved abbreviation for the award of Graduate Certificate in Education (Mathematics Education) shall be GradCertEd(Maths Ed).