Course rules for A1C Diploma of Creative Arts and Health
Diploma of Creative Arts and Health degree
1. These Specifications shall take effect on 1 January 2020
2. Candidates for the Diploma of Creative Arts and Health (DipCAH) shall be admitted in accordance with Rule 6 Admission Assessment and Student Progress. The maximum completion time, calculated from the commencement of the first unit which is passed and which counts towards the degree requirements, is five (5) years.
3. Degree requirements
3.1 Degree elements The Diploma of Creative Arts and Health requires completion of 100 credit points comprising 8 units, where a standard unit measure is 12.5 credit points, comprising:
- (a) 100 credit points from the schedule for the Diploma of Creative Arts and Health or;
- (b) the major in Creative Arts and Health from the Schedule of the Bachelor of Arts. The units which may be included in the degree shall, unless otherwise approved by the Executive Dean, be in accordance with the approved Schedules of the majors and minors in the Bachelor of Arts.
4. Enrolment conditions
4.1 Enrolment in all units will be in accordance with requisites determined by the relevant College, Faculty or Institute.
4.2 When two or more units of the same name or content are offered within the University, only one may be counted towards the degree.
5. Enrolment exemption ‐ credit for previous studies
5.1 Passes in units in other incomplete courses in this University or another approved tertiary institution (or other approved professional examining body) may be credited towards the degree and a course plan developed to detail the units required by the student to qualify for the degree.
5.2 Credit will not normally be awarded for study completed more than 10 years prior to the commencement of the course.
5.3 The maximum credit granted will be in accordance with the limits as stated in with Rule 6 Admission Assessment and Student Progress.
Students who have passed units towards degrees under the previous Specifications will be entitled to transfer to the degrees under these Specifications with full equivalent credit. The transition for continuing students to these Specifications will be managed to ensure that students are not disadvantaged.
The approved abbreviation for the award of Diploma of Creative Arts and Health shall be DipCAH.