This unit provides students with knowledge of renewable energy technologies, energy storage systems, power electronics interfaces and associated control, and renewable energy system design and implementation. Students will be able to practice their design skills in renewable energy systems through modelling and implementation. The unit utilises the laboratory resources of the Centre for Renewable Energy and Power Systems (CREPS) enabling comprehensive experimental studies in renewable energy systems to be completed.
|Unit name||Renewable and Sustainable Energy|
|Faculty/School||College of Sciences and Engineering
School of Engineering
|Available as student elective?||No|
|Location||Study period||Attendance options||Available to|
- International students
- Domestic students
Please check that your computer meets the minimum System Requirements if you are attending via Distance/Off-Campus.
Units are offered in attending mode unless otherwise indicated (that is attendance is required at the campus identified). A unit identified as offered by distance, that is there is no requirement for attendance, is identified with a nominal enrolment campus. A unit offered to both attending students and by distance from the same campus is identified as having both modes of study.
Special approval is required for enrolment into TNE Program units.
|Study Period||Start date||Census date||WW date||End date|
* The Final WW Date is the final date from which you can withdraw from the unit without academic penalty, however you will still incur a financial liability (see withdrawal dates explained for more information).
1. Design power converters and energy storage systems for renewable energy applications, including solar, wind, and hybrid systems.
2. Consider key factors of renewable energy integration, including operational issues and sustainability.
3. Derive and implement models for components of renewable energy systems such as wind turbines, hydroelectric systems and photovoltaics.
4. Communicate the results of power system design through technical reports and presentations.
5. Design and evaluate renewable energy based power systems.
|Field of Education||Commencing Student Contribution 1||Grandfathered Student Contribution 1||Approved Pathway Student Contribution 2||Domestic Full Fee|
1 Please refer here more information on student contribution amounts.
2 The information on Approved Pathway courses can be found here.
If you have any questions in relation to the fees, please contact UConnect or more information is available on StudyAssist.
Please note: international students should refer to this page to get an indicative course cost.
You cannot enrol in this unit as well as the following:
Four major assessments: laboratories (0%), in-semester test (10%), renewable energy design project (50%) and 3-hr end of semester exam (40%)
|Timetable||View the lecture timetable | View the full unit timetable|
Booktopia textbook links
The University reserves the right to amend or remove courses and unit availabilities, as appropriate.