This unit provides students with knowledge of renewable energy technologies, energy storage systems, power electronics interfaces and associated control, and renewable energy system design and implementation. Students will be able to practice their design skills in renewable energy systems through modelling and implementation. The unit utilises the laboratory resources of the Centre for Renewable Energy and Power Systems (CREPS) enabling comprehensive experimental studies in renewable energy systems to be completed.
|Unit name||Renewable and Sustainable Energy|
|Faculty/School||College of Sciences and Engineering
School of Engineering
|Available as student elective?||No|
This unit is currently unavailable.
Please check that your computer meets the minimum System Requirements if you are attending via Distance/Off-Campus.
Units are offered in attending mode unless otherwise indicated (that is attendance is required at the campus identified). A unit identified as offered by distance, that is there is no requirement for attendance, is identified with a nominal enrolment campus. A unit offered to both attending students and by distance from the same campus is identified as having both modes of study.
Special approval is required for enrolment into TNE Program units.
* The Final WW Date is the final date from which you can withdraw from the unit without academic penalty, however you will still incur a financial liability (see withdrawal dates explained for more information).
Unit census dates currently displaying for 2020 are indicative and subject to change. Finalised census dates for 2020 will be available from the 1st October 2019.
1. Design power converters and energy storage systems for renewable energy applications, including solar, wind, and hybrid systems.
2. Consider key factors of renewable energy integration, including operational issues and sustainability.
3. Derive and implement models for components of renewable energy systems such as wind turbines, hydroelectric systems and photovoltaics.
4. Communicate the results of power system design through technical reports and presentations.
5. Design and evaluate renewable energy based power systems.
|Band||Field of Education|
Fees for next year will be published in October. The fees above only apply for the year shown.
Please note: international students should refer to this page to get an indicative course cost.
You cannot enrol in this unit as well as the following:
Four major assessments: laboratories (0%), in-semester test (10%), renewable energy design project (50%) and 3-hr end of semester exam (40%)
|Timetable||View the lecture timetable | View the full unit timetable|
The University reserves the right to amend or remove courses and unit availabilities, as appropriate.