Transformational Leadership is designed to enable students and those already employed in industry to further develop knowledge of what it is to lead and be led in an organisational environment characterised by rapid change and technological disruption. Study will encompass the nature of transformational leadership, the relevant theoretical frameworks and the personal, interpersonal, operational and systems-level capabilities required to lead in an array of change contexts.
To assure applied understanding study of prevailing approaches and research on Transformational Leadership will be augmented with extensive self-profiling and planning a change project.
|Unit name||Transformational Leadership|
|College/School||College of Sciences and Engineering
Australian Maritime College
|Discipline||Maritime and Logistics Management|
|Coordinator||Mr Martin Crees-Morris|
|Delivered By||Delivered wholly by the provider|
|Location||Study period||Attendance options||Available to|
|Launceston||Semester 2||On-Campus||Off-Campus||International International||Domestic Domestic|
- International students
- Domestic students
Please check that your computer meets the minimum System Requirements if you are attending via Distance/Off-Campus.
Units are offered in attending mode unless otherwise indicated (that is attendance is required at the campus identified). A unit identified as offered by distance, that is there is no requirement for attendance, is identified with a nominal enrolment campus. A unit offered to both attending students and by distance from the same campus is identified as having both modes of study.
|Study Period||Start date||Census date||WW date||End date|
* The Final WW Date is the final date from which you can withdraw from the unit without academic penalty, however you will still incur a financial liability (refer to How do I withdraw from a unit? for more information).
Unit census dates currently displaying for 2021 are indicative and subject to change. Finalised census dates for 2021 will be available from the 1st October 2020. Note census date cutoff is 11.59pm AEST (AEDT during October to March).
- demonstrate critical academic thinking on the nature and importance of transformational leadership capabilities in an organisational situation
- assess how different leadership attributes and styles impact on how a leader influences, inspires and orients others to transform
- identify and develop a systematic approach to the leadership of a change project.
|Field of Education||Commencing Student Contribution 1||Grandfathered Student Contribution 1||Approved Pathway Course Student Contribution 2||Domestic Full Fee|
- Available as a Commonwealth Supported Place
- HECS-HELP is available on this unit, depending on your eligibility3
- FEE-HELP is available on this unit, depending on your eligibility4
1 Please refer to more information on student contribution amounts.
2 Please refer to more information on eligibility and Approved Pathway courses.
3 Please refer to more information on eligibility for HECS-HELP.
4 Please refer to more information on eligibility for FEE-HELP.
Please note: international students should refer to What is an indicative Fee? to get an indicative course cost.
|Assessment||Test or quiz (10%)|Assignment (30%)|Presentation (20%)|Examination - take home (40%)|Test or quiz|
|Timetable||View the lecture timetable | View the full unit timetable|
Required readings will be listed in the unit outline prior to the start of classes.
|Links||Booktopia textbook finder|
The University reserves the right to amend or remove courses and unit availabilities, as appropriate.