The aim of the unit is to provide students with research experience in an area relevant to their chosen specialisation. Students will be required to develop, implement and carry out a research project typically using available data and information under the supervision of at least one staff member from the AMC. Students will be expected to demonstrate:
- extensive, detailed and critical knowledge and understanding of a specialist topic informed by research undertaken as part of the dissertation;
- originality or creativity in the application of knowledge and understanding;
- ability to investigate complex problems that might involve incomplete or contradictory data and information and develop a range of alternative solutions;
- application a range of standard research instruments and techniques of enquiry;
- the development of coherent and sustained arguments that lead to logical conclusions
|Unit name||Dissertation Part B|
|Faculty/School||College of Sciences and Engineering
Australian Maritime College
A/Prof Alistair Broatch
|Available as student elective?||No|
|Location||Study period||Attendance options||Available to|
- International students
- Domestic students
Please check that your computer meets the minimum System Requirements if you are attending via Distance/Off-Campus.
Units are offered in attending mode unless otherwise indicated (that is attendance is required at the campus identified). A unit identified as offered by distance, that is there is no requirement for attendance, is identified with a nominal enrolment campus. A unit offered to both attending students and by distance from the same campus is identified as having both modes of study.
Special approval is required for enrolment into TNE Program units.
|Study Period||Start date||Census date||WW date||End date|
* The Final WW Date is the final date from which you can withdraw from the unit without academic penalty, however you will still incur a financial liability (see withdrawal dates explained for more information).
Unit census dates currently displaying for 2020 are indicative and subject to change. Finalised census dates for 2020 will be available from the 1st October 2019.
|Band||CSP Student Contribution||Full Fee Paying (domestic)||Field of Education|
|1||2020: $1,671.00||2020: $4,986.00||090100|
Fees for next year will be published in October. The fees above only apply for the year shown.
Please note: international students should refer to this page to get an indicative course cost.
By distance only
The progress and outcomes of the project are assessed in the form of a research study proposal,a presentation and a dissertation.
|Timetable||View the lecture timetable | View the full unit timetable|
Booktopia textbook links
The University reserves the right to amend or remove courses and unit availabilities, as appropriate.