|Unit name||Research and Design Experience - Intermediate|
|Faculty/School||College of Sciences and Engineering
School of Natural Sciences
|Available as student elective?||%asset_metadata_unit.AvailableAsElective_value^empty:No%|
Please check that your computer meets the minimum System Requirements if you are attending via Distance/Off-Campus.
Units are offered in attending mode unless otherwise indicated (that is attendance is required at the campus identified). A unit identified as offered by distance, that is there is no requirement for attendance, is identified with a nominal enrolment campus. A unit offered to both attending students and by distance from the same campus is identified as having both modes of study.
Special approval is required for enrolment into TNE Program units.
* The Final WW Date is the final date from which you can withdraw from the unit without academic penalty, however you will still incur a financial liability (see withdrawal dates explained for more information).
1. Design a STEM research or design project in response to a negotiated problem or opportunity in society
2. Select and Implement an appropriate research or design method for a project to be performed under academic supervision
3. Complete a research or design project through working effectively, responsibly, safely and ethically in an individual or team context
4. Collect, accurately record, interpret and draw conclusions from scientific data
5. Communicate research or design project results to an academic audience via an oral presentation
Completion of 100 credit points in a Bachelor Degree
You cannot enrol in this unit as well as the following:
The unit consists of 6 to 8 weeks (ca. 300 hours) project activity, or equivalent.
Tuition pattern will be discussed by the unit coordinator with students, as it will vary with the duration of the study period in which the unit is undertaken.
AT1 – Plan a STEM research or design project, 20%;
AT2 - Undertake a research or design project under academic supervision, 60%;
AT3 - Communicate a research or design project as an oral presentation to an academic audience, 20%
|Timetable||View the lecture timetable | View the full unit timetable|
The University reserves the right to amend or remove courses and unit availabilities, as appropriate.