This unit provides students with an opportunity to prepare a journal article for publication based on a previous research or design activity in a laboratory or field setting in STEM. This Research and Design Publication unit consists of 3 to 4 weeks (ca. 150 hours) of time commitment.
|Unit name||Research and Design Publication|
|College/School||College of Sciences and Engineering
School of Natural Sciences
|Coordinator||Associate Professor Stanislav (Stas) Shabala|
|Available as student elective?||No|
|Delivered By||University of Tasmania|
|Location||Study period||Attendance options||Available to|
|Hobart||12 Week Session Dec||On-Campus||International International||Domestic Domestic|
|Launceston||12 Week Session Dec||On-Campus||International International||Domestic Domestic|
- International students
- Domestic students
Please check that your computer meets the minimum System Requirements if you are attending via Distance/Off-Campus.
Units are offered in attending mode unless otherwise indicated (that is attendance is required at the campus identified). A unit identified as offered by distance, that is there is no requirement for attendance, is identified with a nominal enrolment campus. A unit offered to both attending students and by distance from the same campus is identified as having both modes of study.
|Study Period||Start date||Census date||WW date||End date|
|12 Week Session Dec||28/11/2022||15/12/2022||9/1/2023||19/2/2023|
* The Final WW Date is the final date from which you can withdraw from the unit without academic penalty, however you will still incur a financial liability (see withdrawal dates explained for more information).
Unit census dates currently displaying for 2022 are indicative and subject to change. Finalised census dates for 2022 will be available from the 1st October 2021. Note census date cutoff is 11.59pm AEST (AEDT during October to March).
- Prepare a plan for a journal article on a STEM related topic utilising recently conducted research and/or design work
- Provide, receive and respond to peer feedback on a draft academic journal article
- Communicate a series of original research findings or substantial designs in a format suitable for dissemination via an academic journal
|Field of Education||Commencing Student Contribution 1||Grandfathered Student Contribution 1||Approved Pathway Course Student Contribution 2||Domestic Full Fee|
- Available as a Commonwealth Supported Place
- HECS-HELP is available on this unit, depending on your eligibility3
- FEE-HELP is available on this unit, depending on your eligibility4
1 Please refer here more information on student contribution amounts.
2 Information on eligibility and Approved Pathway courses can be found here
3 Please refer here for eligibility for HECS-HELP
4 Please refer here for eligibility for FEE-HELP
Please note: international students should refer to this page to get an indicative course cost.
PrerequisitesCompleted at least 100 credit points
This unit consists of 3 to 4 weeks (ca. 150 hours) of time commitment.
Tuition pattern will be discussed by the unit coordinator with students, as it will vary with the duration of the study period in which the unit is undertaken.
|Assessment||Test or quiz (100%)|
|Timetable||View the lecture timetable | View the full unit timetable|
Required readings will be listed in the unit outline prior to the start of classes.
|Links||Booktopia textbook finder|
The University reserves the right to amend or remove courses and unit availabilities, as appropriate.