See KGA436 for details.
This unit is the second of three that are dedicated to supporting the development of your honours research project. In this unit you will continue to advance your research work with your supervisor and you will also participate in semi regular seminars, workshops and presentations with your honours cohort.
|Unit name||Honours Thesis Part B|
|College/School||College of Sciences and Engineering
School of Geography, Planning, and Spatial Sciences
|Discipline||Geography, Planning, and Spatial Sciences|
|Coordinator||Doctor Melinda McHenry|
|Available as student elective?||No|
|Delivered By||University of Tasmania|
|Location||Study period||Attendance options||Available to|
- International students
- Domestic students
Please check that your computer meets the minimum System Requirements if you are attending via Distance/Off-Campus.
Units are offered in attending mode unless otherwise indicated (that is attendance is required at the campus identified). A unit identified as offered by distance, that is there is no requirement for attendance, is identified with a nominal enrolment campus. A unit offered to both attending students and by distance from the same campus is identified as having both modes of study.
|Study Period||Start date||Census date||WW date||End date|
* The Final WW Date is the final date from which you can withdraw from the unit without academic penalty, however you will still incur a financial liability (see withdrawal dates explained for more information).
Unit census dates currently displaying for 2022 are indicative and subject to change. Finalised census dates for 2022 will be available from the 1st October 2021.
- Perform research work using established methodology and research plans
- Reflect on progress towards research goals
- Successfully respond to challenges encountered in the research process
- Comply with regulatory frameworks and professional ethics
|Field of Education||Commencing Student Contribution 1||Grandfathered Student Contribution 1||Approved Pathway Course Student Contribution 2||Domestic Full Fee|
- Available as a Commonwealth Supported Place
- HECS-HELP is available on this unit, depending on your eligibility3
- FEE-HELP is available on this unit, depending on your eligibility4
1 Please refer here more information on student contribution amounts.
2 Information on eligibility and Approved Pathway courses can be found here
3 Please refer here for eligibility for HECS-HELP
4 Please refer here for eligibility for FEE-HELP
Please note: international students should refer to this page to get an indicative course cost.
|Assessment||Progress Report (100%)|
|Timetable||View the lecture timetable | View the full unit timetable|
There are no prescribed readings for honours.
Candidates should discuss any recommended or suggested readings with their supervisor(s).
|Links||Booktopia textbook finder|
The University reserves the right to amend or remove courses and unit availabilities, as appropriate.