This unit will run Monday 28/2/22 to Friday 1/4/22 and Monday 15/8/22 to Friday 16/9/22
This is the “Human Resources” unit of the GradDip course and covers Leadership theory and HR practice. The unit will contrast the difference between leadership and management, what is required to lead others and lead an agricultural team, team leadership and management, building a good organisational culture, employment relations and the law for agri-workers, and the employment lifecycle including performance management as it pertains to an agricultural operation. The output of this unit is as follows:
1. An assessment and discussion on leadership styles and how these are applied in your operation to maximise productivity for your employees and yourself.
2. A Human Resource strategy (including a full employment lifecycle) and organisational change strategy where applicable to the specific requirements of the operation.
|Unit name||Leadership, People and Culture|
|College/School||College of Sciences and Engineering
Tasmanian Institute of Agriculture
|Discipline||Agriculture and Food Systems|
|Coordinator||Mr Roger Latham|
|Delivered By||University of Tasmania|
|Location||Study period||Attendance options||Available to|
|Online||Half Year Period 1||Off-Campus||International||Domestic|
|Online||Half Year Period 2||Off-Campus||International||Domestic|
- International students
- Domestic students
Please check that your computer meets the minimum System Requirements if you are attending via Distance/Off-Campus.
Units are offered in attending mode unless otherwise indicated (that is attendance is required at the campus identified). A unit identified as offered by distance, that is there is no requirement for attendance, is identified with a nominal enrolment campus. A unit offered to both attending students and by distance from the same campus is identified as having both modes of study.
|Study Period||Start date||Census date||WW date||End date|
|Half Year Period 2||30/10/2023||6/11/2023||15/11/2023||1/12/2023|
|Half Year Period 1||15/5/2023||22/5/2023||31/5/2023||16/6/2023|
* The Final WW Date is the final date from which you can withdraw from the unit without academic penalty, however you will still incur a financial liability (refer to How do I withdraw from a unit? for more information).
Unit census dates currently displaying for 2023 are indicative and subject to change. Finalised census dates for 2023 will be available from the 1st October 2022. Note census date cutoff is 11.59pm AEST (AEDT during October to March).
- Analyse leadership qualities and styles using leadership theory
- Discuss employment lifecycle within your operation
- Analyse workforce planning and change management theory within an agricultural business or workplace.
|Field of Education||Commencing Student Contribution 1,3||Grandfathered Student Contribution 1,3||Approved Pathway Course Student Contribution 2,3||Domestic Full Fee 4|
1 Please refer to more information on student contribution amounts.
2 Please refer to more information on eligibility and Approved Pathway courses.
3 Please refer to more information on eligibility for HECS-HELP.
4 Please refer to more information on eligibility for FEE-HELP.
Please note: international students should refer to What is an indicative Fee? to get an indicative course cost.
|Assessment||Quiz Assessments (15%)|Employment lifecycle analysis (35%)|Change Management (50%)|
|Timetable||View the lecture timetable | View the full unit timetable|
Required readings will be listed in the unit outline prior to the start of classes.
|Links||Booktopia textbook finder|
The University reserves the right to amend or remove courses and unit availabilities, as appropriate.