Do you want to make a difference to something in the world you care about? Would you like some time and space to consider, develop and test your approaches in a safe environment, supported by experts in the field? Following Bruce Mau’s ‘design thinking’ principles, and in collaboration with seasoned designers, business educators, and social entrepreneurs, you will brainstorm, evaluate, then trial potential projects, and in so doing develop your creative and entrepreneurial potential.
|Unit name||Developing your Creative and Entrepreneurial Potential|
|College/School||College of Sciences and Engineering
School of Geography, Planning, and Spatial Sciences
|Discipline||Arts|Tasmanian School of Business and Economics|Geography, Planning, and Spatial Sciences|
|Teaching staff||Doctor A K M Shahidullah|Mr John Vella|
|Available as student elective?|
|Delivered By||Delivered wholly by the provider|
|Location||Study period||Attendance options||Available to|
- International students
- Domestic students
Please check that your computer meets the minimum System Requirements if you are attending via Distance/Off-Campus.
Units are offered in attending mode unless otherwise indicated (that is attendance is required at the campus identified). A unit identified as offered by distance, that is there is no requirement for attendance, is identified with a nominal enrolment campus. A unit offered to both attending students and by distance from the same campus is identified as having both modes of study.
|Study Period||Start date||Census date||WW date||End date|
* The Final WW Date is the final date from which you can withdraw from the unit without academic penalty, however you will still incur a financial liability (refer to How do I withdraw from a unit? for more information).
Unit census dates currently displaying for 2021 are indicative and subject to change. Finalised census dates for 2021 will be available from the 1st October 2020. Note census date cutoff is 11.59pm AEST (AEDT during October to March).
- Demonstrate that you prepared for your idea through questioning and synthesising information
- Evaluate a project by refining questions, gathering feedback and reflecting on improvements
- Develop a realistic plan of action by synthesising information, including self, peer, unit content and the academic literature
|Field of Education||Commencing Student Contribution 1||Grandfathered Student Contribution 1||Approved Pathway Course Student Contribution 2||Domestic Full Fee|
- Available as a Commonwealth Supported Place
- HECS-HELP is available on this unit, depending on your eligibility3
- FEE-HELP is available on this unit, depending on your eligibility4
1 Please refer to more information on student contribution amounts.
2 Please refer to more information on eligibility and Approved Pathway courses.
3 Please refer to more information on eligibility for HECS-HELP.
4 Please refer to more information on eligibility for FEE-HELP.
Please note: international students should refer to What is an indicative Fee? to get an indicative course cost.
1 x 1-hr online lecture plus self-paced online activities.
|Assessment||Journal (25%)|Report (25%)|Portfolio (50%)|
|Timetable||View the lecture timetable | View the full unit timetable|
Required readings will be listed in the unit outline prior to the start of classes.
|Links||Booktopia textbook finder|
The University reserves the right to amend or remove courses and unit availabilities, as appropriate.