Cradle Coast, Hobart, Launceston
You will negotiate the focus of this unit based upon a particular education, work or volunteer experience, activity or project in health or community services. You will be required to research and integrate the learning from your chosen area of study, relating it to the course learning objectives and development of professional knowledge, skills, attributes and behaviours.
|Unit name||Negotiated Study in Health and Community Services 2|
|Coordinator||Mrs Susan Musgrave|
|Available as student elective?||Yes|
|Delivered By||University of Tasmania|
|Location||Study period||Attendance options||Available to|
|Cradle Coast||Semester 1||On-Campus||Domestic|
|Cradle Coast||Semester 2||On-Campus||Domestic|
|Launceston||Semester 1||On-Campus||Off-Campus||Domestic Domestic|
|Launceston||Semester 2||On-Campus||Off-Campus||Domestic Domestic|
- International students
- Domestic students
Please check that your computer meets the minimum System Requirements if you are attending via Distance/Off-Campus.
Units are offered in attending mode unless otherwise indicated (that is attendance is required at the campus identified). A unit identified as offered by distance, that is there is no requirement for attendance, is identified with a nominal enrolment campus. A unit offered to both attending students and by distance from the same campus is identified as having both modes of study.
|Study Period||Start date||Census date||WW date||End date|
* The Final WW Date is the final date from which you can withdraw from the unit without academic penalty, however you will still incur a financial liability (see withdrawal dates explained for more information).
Unit census dates currently displaying for 2022 are indicative and subject to change. Finalised census dates for 2022 will be available from the 1st October 2021. Note census date cutoff is 11.59pm AEST (AEDT during October to March).
- Evaluate relevance of the learning experience to the course learning objectives and health and community service practice
- Identify, evaluate and use relevant discipline tools and techniques for the negotiated study
- Reflect on the outcomes of learning and the development of professional knowledge, skills, attributes and behaviours to generate plans for self-development
- Apply practice and discipline-based skills and knowledge to communicate innovations or solutions related to the negotiated study
|Field of Education||Commencing Student Contribution 1||Grandfathered Student Contribution 1||Approved Pathway Course Student Contribution 2||Domestic Full Fee|
- Available as a Commonwealth Supported Place
- HECS-HELP is available on this unit, depending on your eligibility3
1 Please refer here more information on student contribution amounts.
2 Information on eligibility and Approved Pathway courses can be found here
3 Please refer here for eligibility for HECS-HELP
4 Please refer here for eligibility for FEE-HELP
Please note: international students should refer to this page to get an indicative course cost.
Self-directed study, supported by online drop in sessions.
|Assessment||AT1: Learning plan and progress report (30%)|AT2: Portfolio submission (70%)|
|Timetable||View the lecture timetable | View the full unit timetable|
Required readings will be listed in the unit outline prior to the start of classes.
|Links||Booktopia textbook finder|
The University reserves the right to amend or remove courses and unit availabilities, as appropriate.