Hobart, Launceston, Cradle Coast
This unit will provide you with experience in applying techniques to prepare quotations and tenders, and cost planning as a means to control costs during a construction project. You will develop your financial literacy through applied activities; you will learn about time-related, quantity-related and fixed costs, and how these relate to calculating margins for profits and overheads. You will apply and analyse common methods for presenting quantity and cost information, and become familiar with methods commonly used to report on costs over the life of a construction project.
|Unit name||Cost Planning|
|Available as student elective?||No|
|Location||Study period||Attendance options||Available to|
|Cradle Coast||Semester 1||On-Campus||Domestic|
- International students
- Domestic students
Please check that your computer meets the minimum System Requirements if you are attending via Distance/Off-Campus.
Units are offered in attending mode unless otherwise indicated (that is attendance is required at the campus identified). A unit identified as offered by distance, that is there is no requirement for attendance, is identified with a nominal enrolment campus. A unit offered to both attending students and by distance from the same campus is identified as having both modes of study.
Special approval is required for enrolment into TNE Program units.
|Study Period||Start date||Census date||WW date||End date|
* The Final WW Date is the final date from which you can withdraw from the unit without academic penalty, however you will still incur a financial liability (see withdrawal dates explained for more information).
1. Investigate and apply techniques to determine costs for labour, materials, plant and equipment in construction projects
2. Apply and evaluate methods for presenting cost information for quotation and tender documentation
3. Analyse and apply techniques used to manage and report on costs during construction projects
|Field of Education||Commencing Student Contribution 1||Grandfathered Student Contribution 1||Approved Pathway Course Student Contribution 2||Domestic Full Fee|
1 Please refer here more information on student contribution amounts.
2 Information on eligibility and Approved Pathway courses can be found here
If you have any questions in relation to the fees, please contact UConnect or more information is available on StudyAssist.
Please note: international students should refer to this page to get an indicative course cost.
You will be required to access online content weekly through MyLO during semester.
1. Cost Planning and Estimating Workbook (20%)
2. Case Study: Tender Document (40%)
3. Case Study: Cost Plan Analysis (40%)
|Timetable||View the lecture timetable | View the full unit timetable|
|Links||Booktopia textbook finder|
The University reserves the right to amend or remove courses and unit availabilities, as appropriate.