Peer Review of Assessment Network - National Workshop Series
The National Peer Review of Assessment Network project builds upon previously funded Office for Learning and Teaching (OLT) work and seeks to address a need among the higher education sector to meet the current standards and proposed Higher Education Standards relating to Learning Outcomes and Assessment, and Monitoring, Review and Improvement of courses of study.
This workshop aims to:
- provide a forum for sharing and disseminating good practice in external peer review of assessment across different contexts;
- identify key academics experienced in external peer review of assessment, and
- provide professional learning opportunities for academics and benchmarking partners.
This workshop is open to academics interested in peer review of assessment at the discipline level and national level; Quality Directors; and Deputy Vice-Chancellors (Academics) across the higher education sector.
The Peer Review of Assessment Network Team held State-based workshops in August/September, 2014:
The Peer Review of Assessment Network Team will evaluate the findings from these workshops and report to the national Peer Review of Assessment Network Forum on November 12th 2014.
- Workshop Series Presentation [PDF 2.14MB]
- Assuring Learning Achievement Standards Presentation [PDF 1055KB]
- The IRU Academic Calibration Process (ACP) [PDF 385KB]
- National Standards Projects; narrated PowerPoint [14.17min, YouTube]
- Achievement Matters model; narrated PowerPoint [10.34min, YouTube]
- Video of provider submitting assessment data online [2.48 min]
- Video of individual submitting reviews online [4.09min]
- Video of individual interrogating reviews online [3.57min]
A National Peer Review of Assessment Network Forum was held on the 12th November, 2014 at the Park Royal Hotel, Melbourne Airport.
- Update on the Higher Education Standards Framework - Prof Richard James
- Assuring the quality of achievement standards in Higher Education - Emeritus Prof Geoff Scott
- External networks in peer review of assessment - Emeritus Prof Geoff Scott and Dr Sara Booth
- Institutional and national initiatives in peer review of assessment and achievement standards - Prof Kerri-Lee Krause and Dr Sara Booth
- Disaggregated Course Delivery - Emeritus Prof Christine Ewan
- Peer review of assessment is core to assuring standards - Michael Wells
- Developing a community of practice for the peer-review of assessment - Emeritus Prof Chris Rust
- Assuring grades across course boundaries - Dr George Brown
- Whatever happened to achievement standards? - Emeritus Prof D. Royce Sadler