Held on the 14th Jun 2019
at 1:15pm to
As part of the Australian Dementia Forum 2019, you are invited to participate in an exciting FREE public information session. National and international experts will present to you the latest scientific evidence about how sleep, physical activity, brain training, family history and blood pressure influence your chances of getting dementia.
The theme for the 2019 Forum, Shining a light on the impact of dementia research, will examine how best to maximise the impact and benefit of dementia research to the whole community - for people living with dementia, their families and carers, and those at risk of dementia - through accelerated research translation.
The session will be chaired by the Director of the Wicking Dementia Research and Education Centre, Professor James Vickers. Hear from Forum speakers covering the following topics:
- Dr Alex Bahar-Fuchs: Brain training: Cochrane Review on cognitive training in Dementia
- Dr Jeff Williamson: Blood pressure and dementia
- Professor Sharon Naismith: Sleep and dementia
- Dr Michele Callisaya: Physical activity and dementia
- Mrs Jane Thompson: Public Involvement in dementia research