Plimsoll Gallery, 37 Hunter St, HobartSummary:
A painterly investigation of memory and memorialising of the Great War at the Australian War Memorial.
Image credit: Michael Nay. Black Hand Beaucomp [sic] Bombarde 2020, Oil on canvas. 190cm x 170cm
This project is a painterly response to the representation of the Great War in the Centenary Exhibition of Anzac at the Australian War Memorial (AWM), Canberra. The research has interrogated how painting can be utilised to augment and enrich understanding of the complex relationships between public and private memorialising of the Great War beyond those already existing at the AWM.
Viewing by appointment only, during these times:
- Wednesday 20th January 10am - 4pm
- Thursday 21st January 10am - 4pm
- Friday 22nd January 10am - 4pm
- Monday 25th January 10am - 4pm
- Wednesday 27th January 10am - 4pm
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, 0488062356 to arrange a time.
- The health and safety of everyone visiting Plimsoll Gallery remains our top priority.
- Guests to be escorted by host at all times
- Adhere to COVID-19 Room Capacity limits as posted on the entrances to each room, social distancing and hygiene and health guidelines.
- All guests must attend a Health Screening Station on campus and receive your dot. All guests to sign in after the health screening for contact tracing purposes.