Exercise for People with Chronic Conditions
Who is it for?
An ongoing program for people who have any chronic condition (a medical condition lasting 3 months or longer) and would like to commence or continue exercising in a supportive and monitored environment. You may self-refer (please obtain medical clearance and medical history printout from your doctor), OR you can be referred into the program by your medical practitioner under a chronic disease management plan.
The program involves an initial one hour consultation, followed by individualised exercise sessions of 30 mins to one hour. Clients are supported one-on-one at first with the goal of self-management of your exercise program after a few weeks. Duration of sessions are determined by the referral plan and individual goals / tolerances.
- Class times:
- Small group, individual exercise program, Mondays 10am and 11am, Wednesdays 1pm and 2pm.
- Location: UTAS Exercise Clinic Newnham Campus
- Duration: 30-60 mins
- Initial Consults are $50 (or may be bulk billed if referred under a chronic disease management plan)
- Single class - $10 full, $8 Centrelink concession
- 5 class pass - $45 full, $35 Centrelink concession
- 10 class pass - $85 full, $60 Centrelink concession
- Out of pocket costs are claimable under private health insurance extras cover.
- Bookings are essential.