The DoH Scholarship is available to employees of the Department of Health (Tasmania).
This scholarship covers study of up to 25% of a full-time study load in a single academic year. This may be made up of two 12.5 credit point units, one 25 credit point unit, or half of a 50 credit point unit each year, for either full-time or part-time study.
Am I eligible for the DoH HECS Scholarship?
Applications are open to all staff of the DoH (Tasmania) who:
- are employed on a continuing basis (full-time and part-time), or who are on a fixed-term contract of 12 months or more; and
- will continue to be employed by the DoH while undertaking the HECS scholarship units; and
- are eligible for a Commonwealth supported place under the HECS-HELP system (this applies to most people - see Study Assist for eligibility guidelines); and
- are not currently receiving any other University of Tasmania HECS scholarships.
What can I study?
The DoH HECS Scholarship applies to Commonwealth supported programs at the University of Tasmania.
Students can choose from a range of more than 100 undergraduate degrees, or postgraduate coursework degrees in many different disciplines. Further information on courses offered by the University of Tasmania can be found in the Course & Unit Handbook.
You may choose something that relates closely to your regular employment, or you may wish to undertake something that provides you with learning opportunities in a subject area of personal interest.
Normal University of Tasmania admission requirements apply.
Which courses attract full HECS scholarships?
Full scholarships will be available for DoH nursing staff enrolling in some postgraduate courses available through the University of Tasmania School of Health Science in 2019. Please talk to the School for more information.
- The scholarship covers study in Commonwealth supported programs only and is not applicable for full fee paying courses
- The scholarship does not apply to students who are already receiving any other University of Tasmania scholarships
- Students must also meet the eligibility criteria common to all HECS Scholarships
How to apply
- Submit your online application to study at the University of Tasmania
- Once you have received an offer, follow the instructions provided to accept your place
- Complete your enrolment in eStudent (click 'Study', then 'Manage Study Plan' on the left menu)
- Once your enrolment is complete, apply for the DoH HECS Scholarship application online (in eStudent click 'Fees', then 'Apply for a HECS scholarship' in the Quick Links menu)
- You will be notified of the outcome of your application via your UTAS email address.
Students who have been away from study for a number of years should plan to attend 'Unistart', an introduction to study at the University of Tasmania. This four-day course takes place just prior to the start of each semester, and is also available online.
Need more information?
For enquiries regarding the HECS scholarship, contact the Fees Unit via U.Connect@utas.edu.au