Areas of Responsibility
- Reconciliation of the financial asset register with the University's asset register
- Preparation of the University's Annual Financial Statements;
- Liaison with the Tasmanian Audit Office;
- Monitor changes to accounting standards to ensure reporting is in line with current standards;
- Preparation of specific purpose financial reports for University Committees;
- Preparation and/or approval for release of all external financial reports;
- Development and maintenance of financial reporting accounting policies;
- Review of the trial balance to ensure integrity of data in the accounting system;
- Provision of support and advice to staff across UTAS regarding accounting matters, including the correct use of the chart of accounts;
- Arrange and co-ordinate asset valuations as required
- Provision of support and advice regarding taxation queries
Financial Accounting area is also responsible for the Chart of Accounts (COA) Reference Guide (PDF File 670 KB) .
The University's Financial Statements form part of the UTAS Annual Report. Copies of these reports dating back to 1997 are available on the University Council section of the website.