The Alumni HECS Scholarship is available to University of Tasmania Alumni members who are undertaking further study with UTAS in 2019.
This scholarship covers study of up to 25% of a full-time study load in a single academic year. This may be made up of two 12.5 credit point units, one 25 credit point unit, or half of a 50 credit point unit each year, for either full-time or part-time study.
Am I eligible for the Alumni HECS Scholarship?
Applications are open to University of Tasmania Alumni who:
- are Australia citizens OR permanent residency visa holders residing in Australia during their studies; and
- are eligible for a Commonwealth supported place under the HECS-HELP system (this applies to most people - visit studyassist.gov.au for eligibility guidelines) and fulfil Commonwealth requirements; and
- have not graduated with a UTAS degree or qualification in the previous three years (that is, you did not graduate in 2016, 2017 or 2018); and
- are not currently receiving any other University of Tasmania HECS scholarships.
What can I study?
The Alumni HECS Scholarship applies to Commonwealth supported programs at the University of Tasmania.
Students can choose from a range of more than 100 undergraduate degrees, or postgraduate coursework degrees in many different disciplines. Further information on courses offered by the University of Tasmania can be found in the Course & Unit Handbook.
Normal University of Tasmania admission requirements apply.
- The scholarship covers study in Commonwealth supported programs only and is not applicable for full fee paying courses
- The scholarship does not apply to students who are already receiving any other University of Tasmania scholarships
- Students must also meet the eligibility criteria common to all HECS Scholarships
How to apply
- Submit your online application to study at the University of Tasmania
- Once you have received an offer, follow the instructions provided to accept your place
- Complete your enrolment in eStudent (click 'Study', then 'Manage Study Plan' on the left menu)
- Once your enrolment is complete, apply for the Alumni HECS Scholarship application online (in eStudent click 'Fees', then 'Apply for a HECS scholarship' in the Quick Links menu)
- You will be notified of the outcome of your application via your UTAS email address.
Staff who have been away from study for a number of years should plan to attend 'Unistart', an introduction to study at the University of Tasmania. This four-day course takes place just prior to the start of each semester, and is also available online.
Need more information?
For enquiries regarding the HECS scholarship, contact the Fees Unit via U.Connect@utas.edu.au