We are extremely grateful to all our donors and value the relationships we have formed. Our aim is to find ways to match a donor’s interests with University priorities, and to engage our donors as partners in philanthropy to further the mission of the University. We ascribe to the highest standards of fiduciary integrity and honest communications.
Our commitment to our donors
- The University endeavours to administer all gifts consistently in accordance with Australian law and to ensure the donors' intentions are honoured
- All gifts from donors will be acknowledged by an official University of Tasmania receipt, compliant with Australian Tax Office guidelines. Where appropriate, further acknowledgement, recognition and publicity will also be undertaken
- We acknowledge and respect that Donor information is highly privileged knowledge and we adhere to the Personal Information Protection Act 20014 (Tas), the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) for EU residents.
- The University endeavours to maintain openness and transparency with donors. Where appropriate, the University will provide reports about the way gifts have contributed to our success, and provide the most recently published financial statements
- The University of Tasmania reserves the right to decline gifts where acceptance would compromise our fundamental principles